Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology
Description: One year, renewable (funding and performance dependent) training position.Incumbent serves as a researcher on projects based in the Department of Research and Evaluation (R&E). Works under the supervision of a R&E Research Scientist.
- Designs, develops, and directs well-defined research with supervision from a R&E Research Scientist.
- Prepares grant proposals and publications independently and collaboratively.
- Provides consultation and direction to programmer/analysts with regard to data management and analysis strategies.
- May perform subject assessments or chart reviews or provide direction to research support staff performing these tasks.
- Submits abstracts to and presents papers at national scientific meetings.
- Seeks consultation from research scientists for specific scientific and administrative issues.
- Participates in R&E department meetings and projects as appropriate.
This is a Repost of 695766.
- Current, or anticipated in the next year, a doctoral degree (Ph.D, Dr.PH, MD, Sc.D) in epidemiology, health services research, economics or related field or similar degree designation, OR a clinical doctoral degree plus a master's degree with formal research training. Note: Start of employment contingent upon verification of Doctoral degree and/or official transcript.
License, Certification, Registration
- Competent in advanced research methods, including statistical techniques and study design commonly used in epidemiologic, behavioral, health services research, economics or related fields.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Track record of publication in the peer-reviewed literature and grant-writing experience.
- Creative and highly motivated individuals capable of executing research with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Interest in cardiovascular research.
- S trong oral and written communication and quantitative skills
Job Number: 713179