Southwest Medical is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology.
Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area. Southwest Medical is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm) Southwest Medical has an exciting practice opportunity for a board-certified or board-eligible Pulmonologist at one of our Las Vegas, Nevada clinics. This is an employed practice position.
- Provide care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the treatment of pulmonary related health problems
- Compliance with all coding and documentation requirements
- Practice evidence based medicine
- See patients in outpatient & inpatient settings
- Inpatient practice involves consulting and managing patients in ICU and floors
- Outpatient practice involves managing the patients with chronic respiratory diseases, including asthma, emphysema, COPD, tuberculosis, lung cancer & other pulmonary disorders. PFT will be performed in the outpatient clinic under the supervision of Pulmonologist
- Performing pulmonary/ICU procedures inpatient settings and pulmonary procedures outpatient settings
- Providing night and weekend coverage for inpatient Pulmonary/ICU patients
- Frequency of night and weekend coverage will depend on the number of physicians in the Pulmonary Department
- Developing protocols for the management of Pulmonary Diseases
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting. Required Qualifications:
- Board certified/Board eligible M.D. or D.O.in Specialty
- Active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA License or ability to obtain
- Minimum of two years clinical experience
- Scientific knowledge, scientific method of problem solving, evidence-based decision making, understands and treats diseases of the pulmonary system
- Maintenance of privileges with no restrictions at hospital where procedures will be performed