Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Programmer Analyst analyzes and evaluates existing and proposed systems ad works from specifications to develop or modify complex software programming applications.
- Primarily develops, tests, debugs, and documents
- Supports multiple applications
- Involved directly with business segments to translate business requirements into functional requirements
- Works independently to come up with new solutions/ideas
- Understands business processes and Regions structure
- Generally works under deadlines
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Four years business experience
Skills and Competencies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Good project management skills, operating as part of a team organizing, planning and executing projects
- Good troubleshooting skills
Customer Online Delivery – Online Banking Software Developer
This opening position is located within the Online Banking team at Regions Bank. It is primarily a software development position that requires advanced technical, organizational, and communication skills. Previous experience in designing and developing internet e-commerce systems is desired. Specifically, the Software Developer position is responsible for designing and applications that support the Regions Online Banking platform, under the guidance of a technical lead or project manager.
Additional skills required:
- Previous senior-level experience in designing and developing enterprise level internet e-commerce systems desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience with 3 of those years spent designing and developing internet applications.
- Experienced ASP.NET and C# developer.
- Experienced in XML, XML Schemas, and Web Service technology.
- Experience with Web 2.0, JQuery and MVC
- Experience with WebAPI / RESTful Services / WCF Services
- Strong integration design and development experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experienced in designing and developing solutions for high volume internet sites
- Strong architecture skills
- Strong Analysis, design and build skills
- Minimum of 2 years of project development / methodologies experience: full system development lifecycle, Agile, etc
- Working knowledge of common development tools such as SQL Management Studio.
- Experienced in conducting development activities using stringent source code control procedures.
- Experienced in developing estimates for design, development, and unit testing of application functionality for the engagement.
- Experience in writing stored procedures within Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with code management, branching and merging with Atlassian Stash/BitBucket Financial Services industry expertise
- COL platform and training (UI and HI)
- Single responsibility
- Command / Query
- Dependency Injection / Inversion of Control (AutoFAC)
- Possesses the ability to track progress against assigned tasks, report status, and proactively identify issues to the team.
- Work successfully in a team environment and demonstrate a willingness to help team members in achieving their project goals if required.
- Possess a keen sense of personal ownership and accountability for delivering assigned tasks and deliverables within the established schedule.
- Facilitate a strong and supportive team environment that enables the team as well as individual team members to overcome barriers to participation.