What you will be doing.
- Provides leadership to managers and/or professional staff in department.
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units within department.
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
- Responsible for meeting operational Service Level Agreements for department.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
1. Implements departmental policies and operating procedures to ensure maximum customer service and appropriate control.
- Develops and implements sound operating procedures which are consistent with overall bank policies and operating objectives in order to maximize customer satisfaction and bank profit.
- Provides product training for front line staff.
- Assists in the prompt, efficient resolution to customer problems and/or inquiries.
- Participates in setting prices for operational services and establishes new procedures to accomplish objectives.
- Participates in annual budget planning process.
2. Recommend, develop and lead the implementation of new operational systems and upgrades/enhancements which support user groups throughout the bank in achieving their goals for operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assure that the bank has access to and is prepared to apply innovations in data/voice/mobility and support functions; recommend changes which match these to the bank's needs.
- Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of operational and compliance policies and procedures to assure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Maintain current knowledge base of compliance requirements and pending changes.
- Provide guidance in plan development for disaster recovery/business continuity. Ensure plans are set for required tests and follow up on actions items resulting from the tests to see that they are met.
3. Directs and manages operations staff to achieve established department goals.
- Responsible for activities of employees in the department.
- Makes authoritative recommendations regarding selections of new employees, salary increases, promotions, transfers, disciplinary actions, and terminations. Maintains documentation on recommendations and actions taken.
- Sets performance standards, gives clear direction, delegates and schedules work.
- Monitors performance, gives on-going performance feedback and conducts effective performance appraisals.
- Trains, coaches, counsels, and provides general direction and guidance to direct reports.
- Schedules staff to ensure proper customer service coverage.
- Develop and manage annual budgets and staffing plans to achieve the above in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
4. Work with Security/Compliance/Audit teams as required.
- Provide information to Data Security or Human Resources when required for security reviews or human research requests.
- Certifies Sarbane Oxley (SOX) ongoing requirements for department are being met .
- Works with auditors and examiners during examinations, audits, and reviews.
- Minimum of ten years proven experience in an operational function with data/voice type services (firewall, router, switches, VOIP, sniffer technologies) including a minimum of seven years proven management experience.
- Well-developed management, communications, organizational, customer service and decision-making skills.
- Strong knowledge of regulations impacting area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of bank products and procedures.
- Proven ability to respond quickly as required by changing circumstances.
- Ability to manage multiple operations departments and / or functions.
Job ID 2018-117680