The Network Engineer position is responsible for implementation and management of the Health and Medical Sciences Campus, Seton Hall University, wired and wireless networkinfrastructure. He/she works with the Director of Medical School IT Operations and is responsible for Wired and wireless network IP Services within the medical school including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, access points, surveys, and associated equipment. This position will also help the Director of Medical School IT Operations with various tasks including routing, switching, firewalls, DNS/DHCP, load balancing, and remote access.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Network Engineer will recommend hardware and software to meet the organization's IT network needs, as well as manage the roll-out of new equipment and systems as needed, and ensure that corrective and preventative measures are performed on legacy infrastructure.
- The Network Engineer will work with the Director of Medical School IT Operations on maintenance and system design and upgrades of the networkinfrastructure.
- The Network Engineer will provide second level support for service tickets and incidents related to networking throughout the medical school.
- The Network Engineer will assist in wired, wireless, and voice upgrades and configurations, and help the Director of Medical School IT Operations on medical school networkinfrastructure designs and changes.
- This position requires a minimum of 3 years of hand-on experience performing operations, implementation and engineering functions for a complex enterprise network.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
Licenses and Certificates:
- CCNA Certification required, CCNA-Wireless Certification preferred
- Administrative - AD190
- Vision/hearing- often; Extensive standing, walking- sometimes; Heavy Lifting/carrying- occasionally; exposure to all weather conditions- occasionally.
- Movement and/or installation of network equipment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Job no: 492993