As a Senior Network Engineer, your exceptional ability to install and recommend products as well as guide and train both network team members and end users greatly enhances the success and efficiency of information networks within the system.
- In lieu of degree, a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum of four (4) years previous computer networking experience, including both local and wide area communications
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Network Management. Perform the installation, upgrading and patching of all technical services supported products; prepare product configurations based on end user requirements with agreed upon time schedule; perform preventive maintenance cleanings and inspections of network hardware; assist with the preparation and monitoring of the Networking Engineeringbudget
- Troubleshooting & Support. Coach, mentor and train new staff in their assigned duties; prepare demonstrations to teach network hardware and communications software products to new and existing customers; provide networking design and implementation technical expertise to all members of the customer community
- Evaluation. Prepare customer cost estimates including initial purchase and lease costs, maintenance costs, supplied costs, as well as any other costs having an impact on either operating or capital budget; evaluate network products for possible purchase or lease by identifying their applicability to system requirements; monitor, evaluate performance and recommend changes to new and existing network installations
JOB ID REQ_81285