5 - 7 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Our client is seeking a Network Engineer to join the Operations team.
This candidate will be involved in one or more projects to build, maintain, upgrade, or extend services we are offering. The network engineer will also be supporting systems engineers in daily networking activities.
- Install and Monitor all client connections for connectivity and running services
- Handle tickets in the queue and responding to client service requests
- Support and resolve problems on internal and customer systems
- Support all network related services and issues
- Perform installations including system O/S and network setup
- Develop and maintain support documentation including support guides, knowledge base articles and procedures
- Be the primary interface between customers and the rest of the firm
- 5+ years of technical supportexperience in a multi-platform server and networking environment
- Exposure to networking on Artista/Cisco/Juniper systems
- Deep knowledge of RedHat/Ubuntu/Windowsnetworking a strong plus
- RedHat/Ubuntu/Windows Server experience
- Must understand how to monitor and troubleshoot networking issues.
- Deep understanding of transport layer flexibility and limitations (UDP, TCP)
- Application layer Switching, Routing (BGP), Multicast (IGMP, PIM)
- High volume and real time packet capture and analysis
- Automation of maintenance and configuration
- pfSense VPN appliances and software
- Experience managing direct customer connectivity installations
- Experience with financial exchange protocols and terminology