The Network Engineer is a vital member of the FirstCare Technical Engineering team. The Network Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the FirstCare Data and Voice networks, including design, implementation, and support. The Network Engineer will make architectural proposals and work with the IT Infrastructure Manager and AVP of IT Operations in formalizing network designs and implementation schedules. The Network Engineer will also work with the Director of IT Security in monitoring and auditing network access and remediating all potential security deficiencies in the network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the voice and/or data infrastructure company-wide.
• Assists in coordinating company-wide IT infrastructure implementation and maintenance.
• Responsible for infrastructuresecurity.
• Participates in LAN/WAN IT disaster planning and recovery.
• Provides support for IT Service Desk and Telecommunications
• Contributes to the overall strategies and policies of IT.
• Enforces appropriate resolution based on user's role within the organization.
• Responsible for installing, monitoring and troubleshooting local and wide area network: Cisco routers and switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, F5 Big-IP, Palo Alto NG-FW, Solarwinds, Network and Routing Protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, NAT and DNS, OSPF, BGP, transparent FW, VRF, VPN(SSL and IPSec), MPLS VPN, VLAN trunking, and Spanning Tree Protocol)
• Ensures that the network, servers, telecommunications and relevant services are operationally managed to a high standard.
• Leads a continuous development and embedding of service level definitions in network and system services, ensuring ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and publication of service standards.
• Ensures the effective deployment of high quality network and systems monitoring. Provides appropriate capacity planning information.
• Ensures excellent communication between the technical services staff and other members of IT Services, as well as other staff and units throughout the company.
• Has a significant role in the disaster planning for the company as a whole, in order to ensure appropriate response from IT Services.
• Responsible for IT networksecurity as it relates to systems under IT Services management, and to ensure that the organization receives appropriate advice in the wider management of IT security.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
• CCNA required, CCNP experience
• VOIP, MPLS, OSPF certifications are preferred
FirstCare Health Plans is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis prohibited by law.