The Mechanical Field Engineer should be able to develop work scope for piping engineering team, and work with management team activities to ensure construction personnel are properly supported. Construction Field Engineers help plan, direct, and execute work for all engineering disciplines in the field to support construction projects. As required they interface and coordinate activities with home office engineering, field construction supervision, and field subcontractors. Additionally, they may support Field Procurement, System Turnover, and Commissioning. As Construction Field Engineers progress through field engineering career path, they will increase their knowledge in all construction field engineering operations and related disciplines. Employees are required to take direction and guidance from the designated Construction Field Engineering Manager(s), senior construction field engineers, and superintendents. Additionally, employees are required to have general knowledge of construction processes along with a specific certified field engineering discipline.
- Review/interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and other design documents
- Understand project design basis and contractual requirement
- Develop construction scope of work, support development of estimates and schedules
- Prepare construction work packages
- Write daily and weekly constructionreports
- Perform field walk downs/inspections to review the work for conformance with the design drawings, specifications, applicable codes/standards, and company policies/procedures
- Red-line drawings to show as-build conditions
- Prepare/answer Request for Information, Field Change Requests, and Field Work Order Requests
- Prepare field purchase requisitions for both permanent plant material and equipment as well as temporaryconstruction equipment and materials
- Develop Piping Test Packages and manage testing activities.
- Prepare system turnover packages
- Develop construction procedures and instructions required for field implementation of work in accordance with corporate quality programs
- Mentor junior engineers
- Prepare/help in proposal preparation
- Proactively identify potential problems in the field
- Develop alternatives, arrive at optimum solution and means to mitigate problems
- Prepare presentations and make presentations to management/clients
- Work with construction QC to resolve any outstanding issues
- perform assigned work with no direct supervision
- Recommends best practices
- 10+ years of relevant experience will be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Employee must be agreeable to work overtime and weekend.
- Employee must be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolding and wearing fall protection.