POSITION: Manager, Office of the CEO
Provide steadfast support for busy CEO who enjoys reliable, quality and timely service.
If you're a seasoned executive admin pro who takes a solid, patterned approach to balancing priorities and delivering to deadlines, consider the role of Manager, Office of the CEO. You will work for the top executive at Digital Realty, one of the largest providers of full-service data center solutions in the world, providing top-notch support delivered in a highly competent, timely and ordered manner. Of course your organizational, gatekeeping, project management, scheduling, and other skills will be paramount, but success will also require that your method of support matches the CEO's workflow style. A professional who came up through the ranks of finance, including serving as CFO, he enjoys a straightforward but detailed-oriented approach to effectively meeting expectations. If you have the right mix of soft and hard skills, as well as deep experience in a like role, this position could be your perfect fit. Consider a few of the advantages of bringing your career to Digital Realty. You will enjoy:
- Leveraging the breadth of your skills to support the CEO, as well as mentor other Executive Assistants.
- Managing the office of the CEO, including interaction with board members and assisting with Board Meeting planning.
- Wide exposure to leaders throughout a respected and rapidly growing organization with a global footprint.
- Adding to your knowledge base as you learn about data center and real estate operations, if you don't already know them.
- The security of a progressive industry and a company with a solid foundation and history of success.
- A culture that embraces and balances the tradition of the real estate market with the forward leaning innovation of data center technology
To meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the role of Manager, Office of the CEO, you also should have:
- 15+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting C-Level executives
- A professional and articulate presence and comfort interacting with senior executives
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including the ability to work with spreadsheets and to leverage Outlook in managing schedules and communications
- Availability to support extended and varied work hours based on global work schedule needs
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university is highly preferred
- Financial Services, Commercial Real Estate, or a technology industry background preferred
In addition, you will need the following core characteristics and competencies:
- An appropriate sense of urgency as well as the ability to maintain a level-headed approach to coordinating multiple activities and priorities
- The ability not only to coordinate travel but also to respond to last-minute itinerary changes effectively
- Excellent gatekeeping, calendaring and planning skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with strict attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple activities and priorities
- Strong writing and editing skills, including accurate grammar, spelling and punctuation
- A friendly people-oriented approach and the ability to interact effectively with customers and coworkers
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications
- A strong sense of ownership and goal-driven personality
- Resourcefulness and the ability to achieve goals independently
- Reliability and punctuality
- High level of confidentiality
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check.
In this critical role, you will directly support and serve as the right hand of the CEO and manage all activities that fall within the CEO office. You will keep him organized, manage his calendar, support projects and presentations, act as gatekeeper -- do whatever is needed to allow him to optimally perform his role.
The CEO travels quite a bit, mostly domestically, but also to Europe and Asia, and if you're the person we're looking for, you know that things come up: flight delays, changes in plans, etc. You'll need to be effective at staying "one step ahead" of the CEO as he travels, ready to change a flight, order a car, or book a room at the last minute.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the CEO's calendar, including working with multiple parties to set up face-to-face meetings and conference calls. This may include ensuring refreshments are available
- Working with spreadsheets and developing reports
- Tracking and managing expenses
- Supporting projects with prep work, research, etc.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations, Word docs and other presentation collateral
- Generating purchase orders
- Performing administrative duties such as updatingdatabases, preparing materials for meetings, preparing Board materials, etc.
- Managing additional tasks as assigned
- Communicating with the CEO's team, board members, and other external colleagues as appropriate
More Good Reasons
In this multi-faceted role, you're bound to gain experience in a variety of areas that are new to you. For example, you'll learn about both the data center and real estate industries. The CEO places a strong emphasis on employee development and you'll have the opportunity to continuously learn new skills as you evolve and grow. We are committed to helping our people grow and maintain critical professional skills, including providing training opportunities.
This role can provide you with challenges and professional fulfillment well into the future. At the same time, if you have the aptitude and ambition, our ongoing growth -- here in San Francisco and in other locations -- will create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
Exciting time to join
With the acquisition of Telx, Digital Realty adds robust colocation, strategic network dense connectivity, a vast and open partner ecosystem and unmatched freedom of choice to one of the world's largest data center footprints.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization, yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth; stability and industry-leading innovation give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
We are a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty and Telx will be their partner for current data center needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner.
Green standard for sustainability
We are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption, and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers and are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match and much more.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.