8 - 10 years experience • Market Research
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a LEAD ESTIMATOR to join our team in Anchorage, AK. The successful candidate will be required to undertake all required duties.
This position will report directly to the Business Services Manager.
- Understand the corporate and contract specific estimating procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
- Study and understand all relevant project documents pertaining to the preparation and evaluation of estimates
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel, pertaining to the preparation and evaluation of estimates.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of corporate estimating software
- Co-ordinate the preparation and ensure the timely issue of estimates to clients.
- Ensure consistency across estimates and discipline CTRs in accordance with the project Scope of Work.
- Ensure all deliverables detailed on estimates have corresponding man-hours and are built up using agreed industry/corporate norms.
- Ensure estimates and discipline CTRs have suitable assumptions and exclusions and those narratives are of an acceptable standard to facilitate future change order justification.
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure all cost elements used in the compilation of estimates are accurate and aligned to current client contract T&Cs
- Liaise with planning department and project engineer to verify project start date and duration
- Liaise with procurement and engineering departments on 3rd party cost estimation.
- Liaise with project controls and engineering disciplines to proactively identify projects which may require Change Request prepared in advance of work taking place.
- Responsible for historical analysis of the accuracy of past estimates, identifying trends and potential accuracy improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for obtaining approvals, formally transmitting, passing estimate hardcopy to cost department for system input, maintaining estimate preparation register.
- Supervise junior and assistant personnel including, where applicable, checking their work.
- Train, encourage and provide guidance to junior and assistant personnel.
- Develop budget forecasts as required
- Schedule, coordinate and facilitate cost/ schedulerisk analysis as required
- Maintain updated co-estimating norms/metrics
- Evaluate past performance of project estimates in a suitable database
- Develop and revise estimating procedures as applicable
- Perform all other job-related functions as required
- Bachelor's degree
- Very good understanding of engineering and construction projects.
- Excellent understanding of the basic principles of Project Management.
- Excellent general understanding of Cost Management, Planning and Change Control.
- Very good understanding of Project Estimating
- Experience in the oil & gas industry.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in a Project Controls role.
- High degree of Computer Literacy, particularly in MS Office applications
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction to and supervise others.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong commercial focus.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with external and internal customers.