Lead Business Manager for a major Government program in aerospace/defense industry. Coordinates a team of 3 or more financial analysts and cost schedulers. Responsible for all external reporting to major aerospace/defense contractors. Frequent interaction with senior management internally to Harris and external to prime contractor(s) and the US Government. This individual will not only direct the team but also be hands on and deliver the product.
Coordinates the planning and implementation of a sound financial review and control function on a major Government aerospace/defense program. Directs the program finance and cost control responsibilities for the program. Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the integrated cost / schedule plan for program control of assigned engineering, manufacturing, and procurement activities; employing Earned Value criteria as appropriate.
Oversees and prepares financial status reports and analyses outlining actual or potential problem areas relating to budget variances and potential cost overruns. Analyzes variances in cost and schedule performance against the plan and communicates the reasons for the issuance of the variances and the proposed mitigation plan to Program Management.
Develops potential solutions to problem areas and, with Program Manager’s concurrence, implements corrective actions. Provides cost/schedule advice to Program team in handling daily operating problems as they affect program schedule and costs. Supports the creation of program expenditure forecasts for internal/external customers. Completes special assignments as required in support of the program, such as preparation of program/financial detailed reports.
- B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Mathematics with 10+ years of experience in accounting/finance or equivalent
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working in defense or aerospace companies
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of MS Project, MPM, Cobra or other tools used with Earned Value Management
- Experience working with internal and/or external auditors. Specifically working with DCMA/DCAA is ideal
- Experience working for contractors with Federal Government projects
- Experience with Government reporting
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management, CAS and FAR
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of project control functions:
- Ability to think analytically and convert complex data to actionable information. Should have experience or training in advanced planning and/or cost monitoring techniques
- Demonstrated experience with proposal pricing and financial management tools
- Thorough knowledge and application of accounting principles, Earned Value Management, scheduling, proposal process, government financialreporting with general knowledge of government contracts and procurement regulations
- Establishing baseline plans,
- Controlling cost and schedule functions,
- Change management
- Proposal pricing experience
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government securityinvestigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Job ID: SIS20171907-19812