IT Business Analyst
Volvo Group IT is looking for candidates for the position of IT Business Analyst
We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customers’ and to Volvo Group’s success. You will work with a high performing team that is future ready – do you have what it takes?
We are looking for multiple skilled IT Business Analysts at various levels to join a team dedicated to adding business value to some of the strongest brands within the automotive and transportation industry.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will be involved in one or several of the following activities: Stakeholder requirements elicitation, end user studies, process definitions, pre-studies, modelling and design ideation to find the optimal solution and requirements management of our business and IT solutions.
The IT Business Analyst will be expected to gain a deep understanding of our business goals and stakeholder needs when working with various local and global business processes, services, and solutions.
- Handle customer contact to conduct requirements elicitation
- Perform end user studies and end user evaluation to secure that important user needs are met with the prototype or working solution
- Perform prototyping, which is designed to meet user needs and goals
- Responsible for securing that the requirements can be understood by both Business and IT, and used by application development team
- Organize and lead User Acceptance Demo and User Acceptance Test meetings
- Support prioritization of scope based on end user needs and business value
- Initiate communication channels for end users to ensure that everyone working with the solution understands for whom the solution is created and their needs
- Support the consistency with global processes and application use
- Propose changes that make the software product more efficient and/or reduce operation or maintenance cost
- Continuously work to improve existing ways of working
- Facilitate workshops locally or globally
- Lead business change initiatives
- Coach “Junior” Business Analysis Professionals
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Elicitation techniques knowledge
- Analytical thinking and problem solving mindset
- Confident and strong communication skills – both oral and written in English.
- Ability to run meetings and workshops
- Excellent documentation skills
- Team player – must be able to work with people at different levels of the organization and in a global team
- Software development and/or maintenance experience would be appreciated
- Experience in application data modeling, activity diagrams is beneficial
- CCBA, CBAP certification is a plus
Project experience in one or more of the following is a plus
- Process development
- Change management
- BI and Master Data management
- Identity management
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID