Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- Position is responsible for the overall AML framework of the International Personal Bank (IPB) U.S. business. This includes ensuring that a thorough and robust customer due diligence process is performed during account opening and during periodic reviews of identified high risk customers. The process requires adherence to both corporate and regulatory policies on acceptable KYC documentation, transaction profiles, names/sanction screening and approval requirement for onboarding and the review of customers subject to Corporate a/o Regulatory monitoring requirements. This position will also drive the strategic management of key AML projects required for the business to operate under a controlled and effective AML environment, such projects may include Corporate and/or and Consumer Bank specific projects, such as the implementation of CitiKYC. Position will also be responsible for the execution of other AML-related projects and other business programs and initiatives committed by the business to regulators such as the OCC or the FRB, Citi’s Board of Directors and Citi’s second and third line of defense teams (e.g., AML Advisory/Compliance, Internal Audit). Position may also support projects which involve interacting with other IPB regions in different time zones to act upon “global business AML projects”. Incumbent will also proactively develop a working network and engage with global and U.S. Retail stakeholders (e.g., Technologies, Operations, Compliance, Compliance AML, Legal as well as senior managers) as required to drive the timely achievement of business milestones, the timely escalation of challenges and the like. Individual must be able to conduct project analysis and prioritization among different competing projects and advise his/her seniors on alternatives to manage them based on business capabilities, available resources, risk analysis, technology release calendars and legal/regulatory/compliance challenges. Position must be able to articulate the latter in the form of presentations for senior management. Incumbent must constantly focus on finding efficiencies of processes and procedures to assist in the optimization of the business operating AML framework.
- Execute the framework designed for the IPB U.S. business to constantly enhance business governance to ensure a consistent operating model and an optimal management of AML risks
- Assist in translating Consumer Bank commitments (in full alignment with Global KYC/AML) into the business, assess impact and drive full implementation of such commitments and requirements.
- Work with AML partners on the interpretation and strict implementation of Citi policies and standards and compliance of regulatory requirements to ensure they are met while being sensitive and balanced vis-à-vis customers and business needs.
- Develop and own project plans with detailed breakdown of activities accounting for projects’ interdependencies and key participants to ensure the implementation of KYC/AML requirements into the business adheres to expected execution and quality timelines. Track timely completion of milestones and timely escalation of emerging risks. Identify staffing, training and implementation needs and design training/certification programs and execute them.
- Support the IPB U.S. CBSU with innovative solutions and constantly look for opportunities to make more efficient the CBSU functioning and the processes it manages.
- Provide advice and education to the business on AML programs and best practices to conform to firm’s risk appetite. Develop, implement and track training and communication strategies for the business.
- Document project execution in an audit-like manner and represent the business in AML-related audits and validations conducted on the implementation of business AML Programs, as needed.
- Prepare periodic AML reports/MIS and presentations on managed programs for Senior Level Managers and AML Committees. Represent the IPB U.S. business in these senior forums.
- Over 10 years of AML-related experience
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent experience; Master’s Preferred
- Position requires strong background in AML Regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act and the US Patriot Act couple with excellent analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and the ability to interpret regulatory requirements for a broad range of Consumer Banking Business
- The employee must have experience in project management and on Consumer banking operations and AML controls
- Highly focused, able to rapidly determine key priorities, clearly communicate the priorities and ensure resources are properly aligned.
- Proven leadership with excellent interpersonal communication skills at all levels.
- Strong financial and analytic skills and ability to rapidly assimilate complex information.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Highly effective influencing skills. Able to manage by persuasion and influence others by building strong partnerships.
- Sound decision making, while able to agreeably present another viewpoint.
- Positive/can-do approach, embraces changes and communicates as own.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft tool suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Proven success in a client-focused environment and with process improvement projects.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish; Portuguese a plus
- Job ID: 17054828