ABOUT HELIX EDUCATION
We understand the serious challenges facing higher education – namely a shift in student demographics, a seemingly chaotic approach to data management, inefficient insights, and restrictive vendor relationships – and know there is a need for bigger, better, and bolder solutions.
We offer world class student lifecycle technologies and services that help institutions of higher education leverage data across the student lifecycle and optimize the cost of graduation. Our innovative software solutions are designed to help schools more effectively find, enroll, retain and teach students.
At Helix Education, we champion three key values:
BOLD – We empower our teams to create and deliver innovative solutions.
DRIVEN – We realize our vision through a passionate commitment to action.
AUTHENTIC – We are grounded in integrity, transparency and accountability.
The Integration Solutions Engineer is responsible for the successful onboarding and ongoing support of Helix client integration processes. This includes supporting our clients’ use of standard public data interfaces and adherence to data quality standards. The Integration Engineers implements reusable standards-based technology and extends the Helix software platform to accommodate our client and integration needs.
Candidates must be uncompromisingly customer-oriented, smart, efficient, and driven to help our customers and business succeed. He/She must also have passion for technology and innovation in Higher Education.
The statements made below are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the job, and should not be construed as such.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Bring online data integration with new Helix clients using existing standard data interfaces and integration software.
- Engineer custom integration processes when standard interfaces require extension or customization.
- Collaborate within the Engineering teams to solve problems, implement solutions, perform code reviews and troubleshoot.
- Follow Engineering department best practices, such as version control, unit testing, continuous integration, performance and security testing, and drafting of appropriate documentation.
- Communicate with technical and business stakeholders during projects related to client onboarding, data reconciliation, data audit and related projects.
- Similar duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Prior experience with data analysis, database development and data modeling in the higher education industry
- Prior experience with with data integration processes between disparate systems
- Knowledgable about standard API and data intefaces and connectivity, including REST, SOAP, JDBC, etc.
- Prior experience with integration tools such as Boomi ATOMSphere, Information, SSIS, etc.
- Proficient with API debugging and proxy tools such as Fiddler, Charles, Postman, etc.
- Able to work independently, be self-starting, organized, and without micro-management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven effectiveness in a fast-paced data-centric software environment
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in computer science, MIS, or related area of study.
- 2-5 years of experience with data analysis and database engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience with ETL or sytem integration development.
- 2-5 years of experience analyzing relational databases, relational data, and data requirements.
- 2-5 years of experience in database development, including development of data structures, stored procedures, and SQL DDL/DML. Knowledge of TSQL(or PLSQL) a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience implementing system to system integration using common and custom integration tools and technologies.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
No certifications or licenses required
Occasional travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not a contract of employment. Employment with Helix Education is completely voluntary and may be terminated at any time by either the employee or the Company for any lawful reason.