You’re passionate about creating the future, by putting yourself in the consumer’s shoes, to deliver meaningful innovations at the intersection of the digital and physical worlds.
You’re a world-class product leader, adept at inspiring teams around an idea, and driving it to reality—but you’re not afraid to dig in and get your hands dirty, either.
An experienced system-level thinker, that can break down complex problems, identify clear solutions to deliver beautifully simple consumer experiences.
Nike Digital Innovation operates across organizational lines to deliver entirely new concepts that surprise and delight our consumers, to drive our business. This multidisciplinary team spans from consumer experience design, to enhancing physical product and is responsible for igniting major consumer innovations, from creating an entirely new market with the Nike+ Fuelband, to frictionless shopping with the Nike+ app, to redefining the connected running experience with AppleWatch Nike+.
By relentlessly pioneering new ways to connect with our consumers, we strive to embody and continuously redefine Nike’s original mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
(*If you have a body, you are an athlete.)
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Explore, Define and Deliver premium, intuitive product and experience platforms that push new levels of consumer connection to better serve athletes*.
- Live in the future – Be immersed in the rapidly evolving digital landscape.
- Obsess the consumer’s needs and interests… at all times.
- Drive rapid product and experience exploration against specific insights and/or technologies.
- Identify, articulate and nurture opportunities at the intersection of Consumer need, Technical feasibility, and Business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a network of partners, vendors, and consultants to ensure global-thinking and best-in-class capabilities.
- Lead the team with strategic product direction, and complex problem solving to deliver beautifully simple new experiences.
- Work closely across design, marketing, strategic planning, hardware and software engineering teams to define large scale experiences and platforms.
- Conduct consumer insights, market research & drive rapid concept testing.
- Rally leadership and stakeholder support through crisp articulation of initiatives, consumer value and NIKE opportunity.
- Ceaselessly push initiatives from loose concept through final delivery, ensuring uncompromising standards of quality at every step.
- Detailed product/service definition and program goals for the team.
- Direct internal, external, agency and/or partner team members.
- Be the external face & voice of innovation initiatives within NIKE and Partners.
- Overcome obstacles, exercise leadership and influence, and deliver amazing experiences!
- 7-10+ years relevant experience in creation of digital/technology products or experiences that have been released to market.
- Experience creating a first-generation product or experience.
- Broad digital/technology industry knowledge
- Significant experience managing complex digital products requiring strong leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders
- A strong team-orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal partners and leaders throughout the organization
- Confident and efficient presentation skills—including expertise in identifying best methods to convey complex ideas to non-technical teams
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Discipline to meet deadlines, budgets, and high creative standards while balancing multiple projects and resources in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Passion for sports and technology
Job ID 00324011