Job Description ITT Enidine Inc., headquartered in Orchard Park, NY, is a premier supplier of highly engineered industrial shock absorbers and vibration isolation products as well as deceleration devices and products for motion control applications. Our products can be found in use throughout the global industrial, rotorcraft, aviation, defense and rail markets. Our broad range of products, extend equipment life, improve comfort and increase safety and reliability around the globe.
ITT Control Technologies offers a very attractive benefits program. Our employees enjoy medical and dental coverage, 401K savings plan, life insurance protection, sickness and accident income protection, a generous vacation and holiday program, a tuition reimbursement program, and a program that allows you to use tax-free dollars to pay for many health care and dependent care expenses.
• Supports the design and development of custom products in the prototype, production, and test life cycle phase; technology including shock absorbers, Linear and non-linear fluid viscous dampers for buildings, bridges and other structures; Visco-Elastic Dampers(Snubbers); and special products to meet customer expectations.
• With direction, establishes cost effective product designs with compliance to engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Coordinates assigned activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, costing, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
• May visit customers to review application requirements and help present technical solutions.
• May direct integration of technical activities and products.
• Takes technical direction from Principle Engineer, and works with Project Managers to accomplish increasingly complex tasks and projects.
• Assignments are broad in nature, project based, requiring originality and ingenuity.
• Under guidance, conducts evaluation of specifications, approves design changes, and releases technical fabrication drawings.
• Perform stress analysis, fluid dynamics calculations, energy calculations, spring design calculations, and application analysis based on customer expectations.
• Establishes test criteria and performs analysis of prototype and production components.
• Provides technical support to the Sales and Production Departments.
• Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
• Prepares and monitors progress of project schedules.
• Recommends and drives technical dispositions for components issues within assigned product line scope.
Skills and Experience Requirements & Skills:
• Master's and/or Bachelor's in Engineering or technical degree from a four-year college or university with minimum 7 years professional experience, preferably in product design and development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Product development background, ideally in fluid viscous damper products, hydraulic products experience helpful. Computer literate.
• Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments
• CAD, Solid Works or other 3-D CAD systems experience, five years minimum of product design experience preferred.
• Must possess strong communication skills. Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other design software to complete design and application analysis, and manage project
• This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee or Refugee.
Minimum Education Requirements BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Req ID # 6713BR