HME Store Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Plans, organizes and directs all aspects of a local HME store. Responsibilities include sales/marketing, strategic planning, and supervision of staff while ensuring excellent customer service.
Essential Job Duties
- Manages the day-to-day operation of an Intermountain HME store. Provides extraordinary service to patients, customers and physicians in assigned service area.
- Monitors assigned store's HME financial performance on a regular basis to ensure it remains within budgetary guidelines. Ensures its long-term financial viability by participating in capital and operating budget planning. Provides feedback to SLC Homecare office via required weekly and monthly reports.
- Markets/Sells HME products/services to physicians, discharge planners and other referral sources within the assigned service area and Intermountain system. Provides education and information to referral sources, staff, clients and caregivers regarding products and services available through Intermountain Homecare HME. Fosters ongoing relationships and recruits new business. Communicates with key contacts at other Intermountain facilities regarding Homecare HME issues.
- Responsible for strategic planning, implementation and maintenance of Homecare programs to meet the local needs of the community/service area and theIntermountain system. Implements new programs based on market findings. Communicates recommendations and reason for changes to Homecare's Director of HME Stores.
- Maintains a competent staff sufficient to meet ongoing operational needs through effective recruiting and training practices. Leads, motivates and coaches employeesto ensure optimal performance. Promotes attitudes and behaviors that foster professionalism and exceptional customer service while ensuring employees take individual ownership to meet and resolve customer needs. Manages the annual performance evaluation process. Conducts staff meetings and in-services. Maintains a competent regular and on-call staff sufficient to meet local needs.
- Coordinates local equipment selection and standardization with Homecare Equipment Standards group. Analyzes industry trends and latest products and technology todetermine whether changes in current practices are necessary for the local market/service area. Considerations include time savings, cost savings and quality standards. Conducts trials for new products as requested and when needed.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills with clients, staff and associates. Effectively communicates changes that impact patients and staff. Educates and trains employees regarding the changing landscape of issues affecting Homecare's ability to deliver HME services. Fosters teamwork, healthy morale and promotes orderly flow of information within the organization.
- Demonstrates keen problem identification and resolution abilities. Establishes clear priorities and creates timely and effective resolution plans that reflect accountability, flexibility and collaboration.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Full benefits package including excellent health insurance (offered through Select Health), HSA, FSA, dental, vision, 401K, pension plan, employee assistance programs, LiVe Well rewards, critical illness, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and much more.
- 5 weeks PTO (paid time off) a year starting on day one.
- Location Details: Ogden HME Office
- 4387 S Harrison Suite D5 Ogden UT 84403
- Occational travel may be needed to other facilities thoughout the state.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (degrees will be verified).
- License as a Respiratory Care Practitioner or Registered Nurse in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support Certification for healthcare providers.
- Must meet one of the following:
- Three years Homecare experience
- Supervisory experience
- Homecare experience
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills including word-processing, spreadsheet, email and presentation software.
- Hearing, Listening, Seeing, Sitting.
Job ID: 202975