GCB AML Project Manager 2 — Policy Implementation
- Primary Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Bus Strategy, Planning & Admin
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17047056
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This position is in the Global Consumer Bank Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Program Management Office (PMO).
The primary responsibility of the person in this role will be to manage the implementation of new and revised AML / KYC Policy requirements across all Global Consumer Businesses and to assist with Policy-related AML Program projects from a business perspective. The individual in this role will be responsible for supporting Global Consumer Businesses with the implementation of AML / KYC Policies, including but not limited to: performing gap analyses, documenting and sizing the potential impact of Policy requirements, drafting Procedures and Desktop Guidance, working with Compliance and Technology teams to effectuate changes to Client Onboarding and KYC Maintenance systems, identifying impediments to timely implementation, and tracking and reporting on the implementation of AML / KYC Policy requirements globally. In addition, s/he will be tasked with conducting periodic reviews of the execution of Policy requirements across all Global Consumer Businesses and opening corrective action plans to remediate any existing gaps.
The person in this role will also be responsible to work with Global Compliance, Technology, Operations, and Sanctions teams to help define and execute implementation plans. The person will assist with the coordination of regional AML Business Representatives and their delegates to ensure consistent, accurate, and timely implementation of Policies. They will take part in conducting an ongoing analysis necessary for prioritization of implementation phases based on business capabilities, risk-based analysis and local legal restrictions. The person will be called upon to advise on the most efficient processes for Consumer Business Lines based on existing capabilities and regulatory requirements. In addition, this person will be responsible for working and interacting with Global KYC Compliance and assessing how Policy and system changes issued by them affect the Business.
This position is responsible for:
- Managing, tracking, and reporting on the implementation of new and revised AML / KYC Policy requirements across all Global Consumer Business lines
- Documenting the potential and actual impact of new and revised Policy requirements
- Developing implementation plans for compliant execution of Policy requirements
- Socializing impact assessments and implementation plans with Regional Teams and supporting these areas with the localization of global materials
- Reviewing Local execution of Global Policy requirements and remediating any identified gaps
- Collaborating closely with the Global Quality team to identify, correct, and track execution issues relate to policies and procedures
- Providing ongoing updates on progress to Senior Management and Global Compliance
- Ensuring effective Business Procedures are in place and fully compliant with Citi’s AML Policies
- Working with Local Teams to ensure that Local Procedures are also compliant with jurisdiction-specific requirements
- Supporting the development of Global AML/KYC Trainings
- Developing project plans with detailed breakdown of activities and milestones demonstrating an understanding of the projects’ interdependencies and key participants; and helping with identifying staffing needs, technology enhancements, and training
- Tracking progress and escalating issues to ensure timely resolution
- Understanding and assisting with translating the impact of consumer AML commitments for data privacy, data quality issues or any other issues arising during the planning and implementation phases.
- Strong working knowledge of AML regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management and cross functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly with people from different geographies and cultures
- Must be able to sift through complexity and see issues clearly. Must have analytical inquisitiveness and problem solving ability; and ability to ask insightful questions, break analytical challenges into workable components and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to build effective presentations to communicate information to various audiences
- Ability to read and opine on regulatory requirements for a broad range of Consumer and Corporate Banking Businesses.
- Ability to analyze requirements and create an effective project plan to support timely execution
- Must be able to work with multi-disciplinary teams from different regions to implement initiatives at regional and country level.
- Must be persuasive and capable of working in groups. Ability to collaborate with others to achieve objectives; ability to leverage other people's skills and expertise
- Should be able to work to extended working hours due to global time zone variances.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of AML / KYC experience
- Knowledge of Consumer Banking and background in Consumer Banking AML processes preferred
- Experience with action plans to be executed by the business, involving other supporting areas as needed (Operations, Technology, Compliance)
- Highly intellectual in character requiring exercise of discretion and judgment related to proposed changes to Business processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to execute under pressure
- Must be able to follow projects that require very detailed analysis due to the impact to the businesses