The Harris Corporation Alaska Satellite Telecommunications Infrastructure (ASTI) Program is currently seeking a mid-level Systems Integration and Test Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing test plans and procedures to verify customer requirements for Site Acceptance Test (SAT) activities. The successful candidate will be responsible to derive the SAT from the Production Acceptance Test (PAT) currently in development on the ASTI Program. The successful candidate will lead the site test efforts to ensure a successful transition between the production of system to the customer acceptance of the commissioned completed system that ensures the ASTI system meets the complex functional, performance and latency requirements.
- Implement test plans and site activity efforts for field testing of equipment at 60+ Government facilities.
- Design, develop, and execute system level field test procedures in an Agile and JIRA environment
- Ensure and verify the ASTI system meets the complex functional, performance and latency requirements.
- Document testing issues and problems, performs analysis of test results as well as technical and application problems
- Support basic network and system troubleshooting activities in field environments.
- Conduct formal site acceptance test activities.
- Plan and participate in test working groups, test readiness reviews, formal system verification of the system
- Provide monthly test status updates to the Government along with updates to the detailed test plan.
- Bachelor’s in ElectricalEngineering, ElectricalEngineeringTechnology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering field
- 6+ years’ experience in systems integration and test and requirements verification
- Strong background in System Field Testing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with large system field testing of OEM or COTS based electromechanical satellite and telecommunications systems, including site test that leads to system commissioning
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies
- Good understanding of JIRA to track defects, check in / out configuration files, branching and merging operations
- OS: Windows/Unix
- General network configuration stills (i.e., Assign IP addresses, IP routing, subnet masks)
- High energy; ability to manage time in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills
- Should be a team-player, quick learning, proactive and a positive attitude
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Job ID: ES20171108-20309