The Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office of the Manager. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and associated committees (board executive committee, nominating and governance committee) and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts.
- Decision Quality – Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action Oriented – Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Optimizes Work Processes – Ability to know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicates Effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Organizational Savvy – Ability to maneuvers comfortably through a variety of policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Being Resilient – Ability to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including (but not limited to): managing an active calendar of appointments; reconciling expense reports; composing, preparing and editing all communication and presentations & assisting in scheduling meetings for Senior Leadership Team.
- Plans & coordinates complex travel plans & itineraries while also ensuring the Manager's calendar is organized.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Manager, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Acts as project manager and/or collaborates on a variety of special projects.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board/Committee Support and Liaison:
- Creates meeting calendars, prepares and distributes meeting notifications, and agenda materials, managing all correspondence around meeting execution.
- Attends & records minutes for review and presentation at all board and associated committee meetings.
- Maintains accuracy of board and associated committee attendance records and related data base.
- Maintains an accurate record of all corporate documents, board policies, board resolutions, and individual board member files.
- Prepares and maintains board and committee rosters.
- Manages annual committee service evaluation process.
- Coordinates and manages all aspects of onboarding of new board members, including onboard toolkit.
- Provides administrative assistance to the National Board Alumni Association (NBAA).
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and board members.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- 10+ years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Experience in CRM databases.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.