This exciting, highly visible role requires an individual with good judgment, an eye for accuracy, discretion in handling confidential information, and the unique ability to deliver results across multiple projects simultaneously, often under ambiguous circumstances and competing deadlines. A calm and unflappable demeanor and great sense of humor are key.The most successful candidate will be an effective communicator, both verbally and with written correspondence and will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with minimal guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. Understanding company and team organizational structure and working relationships will be important as this position will work across multiple geographies and interact across functional teams in the company.
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling (and rescheduling!) meetings and conference calls
- Coordination and planning of domestic and international travel, including organizing trip agendas and local logistics
- Coordinate both on and off-site meetings - travel planning, site selection/prep, menus, and meeting attendee logistics
- Act as the external contact point, providing phone and email support, screening and follow-up on phone calls and voicemails; make high level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company
- Proactively anticipate the needs of the team and connect the dots on meeting attendees and preparation of meeting materials in advance
- Completing expense reports and purchase orders
- Tracking and helping to drive completion of key deliverables, following up on outstanding items
- Assisting with document design, writing, editing and formatting as needed
- Planning and coordinating team activities and events
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with confidentiality and utmost integrity
- Minimum 8years of work experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs and Google Docs; highly adept at using technology for efficiency and efficacy
- Ability to multi task and shift priorities quickly with an outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar, spelling, and editing
- Superior organizational, administrative, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability work well independently and collaboratively
- The workload tends to have spikes to it, requiring bursts of speed to keep up with priority needs, as well as the ability to maintain an even temperament and high work quality despite any increase in pressure
- The ability to work well in an environment that stresses team play as an important element in balancing the workload is a must
- Biotech or medical related industry experience a plus
Invitae envisions a world in which genomic sequencing routinely informs lifelong health care decisions. We provide comprehensive, rapid, and affordable genome sequencing and clinically relevant interpretations of genomic data. We are committed to enabling the utilization of genomic data in order to improve health, catalyze scientific and medical research, and contribute to improved outcomes for everyone.
Invitae is an open, title-free company that operates as a meritocracy. We focus intently on our ability to deliver reliable solutions that contribute to improving people's lives. We ruthlessly eliminate overhead and policies that interfere with productivity. We have excellent benefits.