5 - 7 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Reporting directly to the President, the Executive Assistant provides high-level executive support in a one-on-one working relationship.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President.
The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to anticipate, take initiative and must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Creates the administrative budget for the President's Office. Manages consultant and vendor contracts.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President, with Board members, donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to President's programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with at least 6 to 8years of experiencesupporting high-level executives is required
- Advanced proficiency in working in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and a strong aptitude for learning new technology and programs is required
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions