The experienced Executive Assistant will support the Vice President of Legal and other Legal department staff. The EA primarily will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of delegated staffs’ schedules, preparing presentations, making travel plans, submitting expense reports, and serving as the backup EA for the Vice President, Legal and other attorneys. The EA must be professional, innovative, self-motivated and able to juggle multiple tasks with careful attention to detail in this fast-paced environment. The EA must have the ability to interact with a variety of different types of audiences, and must be able to at times work independently with little to no supervision. The position will require the ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in handling matters of that are critical or confidential in nature.
1. Provide administrative support to assigned Legal department members. Answer telephones, respond to routine inquiries, and deliver messages to department members. Serve as the backup administrative support for the Vice President, Legal and other department members.
2. Maintain calendars, arrange meetings and appointments. Maintain and track meeting action items through completion.
3. Coordinate, facilitate, and provide support for various conferences, meetings and events with a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Manage Telecon and Webex connections and coordinate Telepresence meetings and conference rooms. Handle the catering for meetings and events. Coordinate highly visible meetings and support guests during these meetings.
4. Perform general administrative duties including but not limited to: typing, copying, collating, stapling, preparing packages for delivery, maintaining appropriate inventory of office supplies, filing, record-keeping, and data entry.
5.. Create presentations, memoranda and other documents as requested in PowerPoint , Excel, Microsoft Word and other applications as required.
6. Coordinate travel for designated staff through the travel coordinator. Manage travel arrangements, expense reporting, and procurement card reconciliation.
7. Manage assigned purchase order and requisition processes in Oracle system.
8. Process check requests and track payments. Track outside counsel expenses and process outside counsel invoices.
9. Assist with docket process and correspondence.
10. Process inventor incentive awards, including monetary awards and recognition awards.
Required Skills and Education:
High School diploma or equivalent
7 years of related experience. Bachelor's degree may replace the experience requirement. Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. General knowledge of computer hardware and office equipment.
Preferred Skills and Education
Administrative/business school or Associates degree. Certified professional secretary or certified administrative professional.
Significant experience as an administrative assistant in a legal office or environment.
Currently commissioned as a Notary Public.
- Job ID:28867BR