AECOM is currently seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to provides administrative support to an executive staff at our corporate office located in Germantown, MD.
- Administrative Support: managing calendars, travel, executive time management, virtual and in-person meetings, telephone coverage/screening, copier projects, creating PowerPoint graphics and web-enabled presentations, editing and proof reading documentation, generating correspondence, mail handling, supplies control, etc.
- Responds to inquiries exercising significant initiative and judgment based on knowledge of policies and procedures including answering customer inquiries, acting as a liaison.
- Manages scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments, including interface with internal and external executives.
- Arranges conferences, travel arrangements, and preparation of expense reports.
- Oversees corporate correspondence and assists in setting the proper image through corporate correspondence. Prepares, proofreads and distributes correspondence. Composes own correspondence as well as correspondence for signature including the execution and distribution of reports. Also, prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries under general direction.
- Arranges and ensures logistics for meetings, phone and web conferences; facilitates meetings that include virtual web, SharePoint, or video components and prepares meeting minutes. Works closely with IT department to ensure meetings and devices (including mobile) can utilized effectively prior to executive meetings.
- Collaborates with executive to ensure Social Media is accurate and up to date.
- Reads, understands and brings to management's attention, items requiring attention from the variety of data and reports sent to the office for action.
- Organizes and maintains departmental files in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Conducts data entry input and generates reports as required. Creates and maintains spreadsheets, presentation slides, web based content (SharePoint and/or web site administration) and otherdatabases as required.
- Works closely with the corporation, division, and strategic business units as well as customers and partners for coordinating schedules, meetings, phone conferences, data content and submissions, etc.
- Coordinates the scheduling and logistics of large annual, quarterly or other strategic off-site management meetings to include; location for the meeting, attendees/invites, presentations, IT and mobility arrangements, lodging, arranging for refreshments and supplies, etc. Attends meetings for the purpose of ensuring all administrative elements go smoothly, including preparing meeting minutes, action items and on-site support .
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum 7years of job-related experience.
- Proactive, high energy, self-starting administrative professional with accuracy and discipline to control and maintain accurate calendars, travel, meetings and deliverables.
- Advanced capability operating application software including web and video meetings, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint and MS Excel on desktop and mobile devices.
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to confidently engage in all situations, maintaining calm composure with positive attitude and ability to work as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency and under pressure, as needed to handle multiple tasks accurately and prioritize effectively.
- Effective communicator who can interface with executive level customers and employees, promotes a strong corporate culture through written and verbal communications.
- Ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- May require travel and ability to have flexible work schedule.