AGCO is an agriculture company that helps farmers feed the world through the use of its farming equipment. AGCO was founded in 1990 and has since grown through acquisitions.
We offer a full product line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage, tillage equipment, implements and related replacement parts. AGCO products are sold under the core brands of Challenger®, Fendt®, Massey Ferguson®, Valtra® and GSI®, and are distributed globally through more than 2,700 independent dealers and distributors, in more than 140 countries worldwide. AGCO also provides retail financing through AGCO Finance.
AGCO is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia and employs 19,000 employees worldwide. We are looking for people that have been successful in leading change and process improvement. If you are up for a new challenge, looking for a stable company that provides lots of opportunity for growth and advancement, you should consider AGCO Corporation.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager:
AGCO is currently seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager (EHS) to join our team in Hesston, KS. The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will play a key part in developing, implementing, and managing all EHS procedures and programs in accordance with regulatory and corporate EHS requirements to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Responsibilities of the Environmental Health and Safety Manager:
- Advise all levels of management and safety subcommittees on EHS matters
- Provide environmental and safety expertise to line organizations in areas such as: environmental compliance reporting, ergonomics, electrical safety, machine guarding, confined space entry, and lock-out/tag-out
- Review associated incident and injury data and conduct follow up interviews and investigations
- Organize and present findings to business unit, local management, and corporate personnel
- Coordinate environmental plans and ensure compliance with programs such as air quality, storm water, hazardous materials business plans, pollution prevention and spill plans
- Coordinate internal onsite audits/site inspections/ training to ensure compliance with permits and programs
- Coordinate facility workers’ compensation program including return to work program
- Work in conjunction with plant engineering to maintain all safety systems such as fire detection and suppression, egress, plant security, and parking
- Provide input to site managers by identifying and tracking appropriate safety metrics and assessing performance
- Provide guidance to assigned units by participating in capital project reviews consistent with the level of EHS expertise needed.
- Work with facilities to assist with continuous improvement initiatives including addressing ergonomic issues
- Participate in the review of new projects, sites, and research initiatives to ensure proper implementation of company EHS programs and policies, provide EHS consulting services to operations and business units
- Review and interpret new and proposed regulations for applicability, develop associated implementation and training programs and procedures
- Participate in professional industry groups to further develop individual capabilities and to benchmark company activities
Required Qualifications of the Environmental Health and Safety Manager:
- 5+ years working in an EHS role within an industrial manufacturing environment, (such as welding, machining, break-press, laser cutting and industrial assembly), with at least 250+ employees
- 8+ years in an EHS role that includes developing and implementing OSHA safety training policies and procedures on topics including: machine guarding, lock-out/tag-out, confined space entry, hazard communication, fall protection, personal protective equipment (PPE), accident investigation, ergonomics, and electrical safety procedures
- 8+ years of experience working with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards for general industry within an industrial manufacturing environment, including the ability to read, interpret, and implement OSHA standards
- 1+ years of knowledge in Environment Protection Agency (EPA) and/or state (ie. KDHE) regulations regarding the management of air quality, storm water, hazardous materials, and pollution prevention
- Demonstrated experience managing or implementing a Formal Safety Management System
- Demonstrated experience managing or implementing formal Hazard Prevention and Control Systems
- 3+ years of experience managing at least one direct report
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Qualifications of the Environmental Health and Safety Manager:
- Experience implementing and/or managing a Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) is very highly preferred
- 2+ years working in a lean manufacturing environment, including experience with Six Sigma, Kaizen, or other related programs
- 1+ years of experience with the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System or OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- 1+ years of ANSI/AIHA/ASSE Z10 Occupational Health & Safety national consensus standards knowledge
- 1+ years of experience working in a Union environment
- Completed the OSHA 30 hour training
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazard Materials Manager (CHMM), Registered Environmental Manager (REM), or another related certification
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree is required in Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering, or IndustrialEngineering
- Master's degree is preferred in Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering, or IndustrialEngineering
Only 35 minutes from Wichita, Hesston is a place where industry, recreation, and families blossom, offering many amenities found in a larger city but in a small town atmosphere. Hesston’s appeal goes nationwide; more than a third of the residents hail from outside the Kansas state lines.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. Isn’t it time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities? Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. Come grow with us!