Enterprise Data Governance Policy Lead ( OIM 1 )
8 - 10 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services through more than 8,600 locations, 13,000 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
Data Management & Insights
Data Management & Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
Enterprise Data Governance
Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) leads the second line of defense for data management risk and owns the data governance risk framework. The data governance risk framework includes governance and policy, data issue management oversight, operational risk program oversight and issue validation.
The Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) Policy team establishes and advances data governance minimum standards and capabilities across the enterprise to ensure that data quality is promoted as a strategic objective and strong oversight and deep understanding of the data landscape are enabled.
This position, the EDG Policy Lead, will report directly to the Head of Enterprise Data Governance (EDG), leading a team of policy subject matter experts responsible for driving the evolution of the Enterprise Data Governance Policy in line with the policy roadmap and data management strategy, strengthening cross-functional relationships with other core data-related policy teams and data management stakeholders across the enterprise, and providing a holistic view of enterprise policy coverage across key data management areas. The three core functions of this team include:
- Policy Lifecycle Management
- Policy Oversight & Support
- Enterprise Data Policy Alignment
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Driving various policy management routines, including: requirements gathering, policy drafting, managing review processes and responding to stakeholder feedback, conducting periodic comprehensive reviews and/or impact analyses, and internal process improvement
- Partnering with multiple business units to provide an in-depth understanding of the Enterprise Data Governance organization and related data governance polices and standards that impact their operations
- Serve as a primary point of contact for key policy concepts, oversee the development of supplemental guidance and training material designed to support enterprise stakeholder understanding, and develop / execute against an effective communications plan
- Providing guidance on and coordination of implementation plans for the EDG Policy, and supporting monitoring of their overall execution
- Developing, maintaining and communicating EDG Policy Major Requirements and ensuring horizontal reviews are conducted
- Maturing and strengthening holistic enterprise data-related policy coverage by identifying, prioritizing, and recommending strategic opportunities to improve overall alignment, reduce conflicts/redundancies, and remediate critical gaps in coverage
- As other policies are updated across the enterprise, oversee a consistent process to ensure timely reviews, provide feedback to improve, clarify or credibly challenge proposed requirements, and conduct internal business impact analysis to identify risks/challenges to the EDG and DMI organizations
Additionally, this leader will be expected to supportinternal audits and/or regulatory examination activities as needed.
Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint will be considered.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 6+ years of management experience in a planning environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of data management experience
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of data governance and data management challenges and approaches, including: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- Understanding of other data management principles, including: master and reference data, data architecture, data provisioning, data access, data usability, and data controls
- Comprehension of processes and systems associated with data management; ability to evaluate and understand business challenges, their technical implications, and potential solutions
- Ability to understand, design, develop and document data related polices, standards, procedures, and processes
- Strong track record of successfully managing and tracking programs, projects, and initiatives to completion
- Ability to work across multiple lines of business and all levels of management to facilitate large cross-functional meetings and negotiate project priorities and outcomes
- Expert knowledge and understanding of regulatory and internal compliance requirements
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills