Embedded Hardware Designer- Autonomous - SK
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The SOC Designer will provide coordination of new product and EC introduction activities as well assupport for ongoing manufacturing activities and problems related to individual products. They will design, develop, release, and maintain schematics and BoMs for new and existing embedded systems.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Analyzes and researches data and will propose product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Confers with all support team personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop corrective action, method improvement to resolve problems.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product layout and design by using detailed drawings (i.e., visuals, Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI).
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Analyzes inspection and test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Evaluates inspection or test results for possible improvements of existing builds.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Coordinates engineering activities for the Customer Focus Team (CFT) and coordinates with the customer to resolve production problems.
- Develops and updates documentation to establish production methodology and requirements.
- Develops and maintains product schematics and BoMs.
- Supports validation, DfX, and manufacturing for product.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- 5-7+ years of experience in Hardware Design focus in SOC.
- Experience with Intel Processors Atom or equivalent.
- Experience using Cadence Allegro tool set for Schematic Capture.
- Experience with component selection, primarily Xilinx FPGAs
- Experience working with multicore-SOC’s
- Familiarity and experienceworking with Ethernet, PCIe, CAN, SPI, I2C
Here are a few of our preferredexperiences:
- Experience working with automotive design processes and standards
- Experience with EMC
- Experience with Power Supply preferred.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers