E&I Work Pack Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Market Research
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing an E&I Work Pack Engineer to join our team in Anchorage, Alaska. The successful candidate will be required to undertake
This position will report directly to the manager.
*At this time, we will only consider applications from U.S. citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Excellent interaction with construction team and all other disciplines.
- Develop team working and communication skills.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with peer groups, management, internal and external stakeholders.
- Coach / mentor / develop team by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Mentoring, supervising and supporting development for reports - ensure learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Lead by example, setting high personal standards for peers to follow.
- Clear communication and co-ordination with relevant site and office based personnel.
- Proactively demonstrate and drive safety and leadership.
- Proactively support compliance with Wood Group (WG) Life Saving rules.
- Work within the WG core values framework at all times driving safety as our top priority.
- Demonstrate knowledge of company processes and systems used within the Construction Excellence Framework (CEF).
- Be compliant with company procedures and client codes and standards
- Display awareness of project management system requirements.
- Accountable for the (applicable) construction deliverables to the required technical standards.
- Work within WGPSN’s work pack process, giving clear activity breakdown and detailed narratives for all construction activities.
- To contribute discipline experience to the ongoing development of project work methods, processes and team development.
- Carry out a constructability review of all work packs. Feedback any issues to construction lead or relevant engineering discipline. This will include input at scope survey and engineering stage.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment meets requirements, fully certificated and controlled cost effectively.
- Attend meetings on behalf of WGPSN and inform project management of any issues arising from these meetings.
- Liaise closely with the construction lead / coordinators to ensure all sub-contractors personnel, materials, plant, equipment, vendors, special tools, common user’s services and consumables are correctly resourced and available.
- Deliver against agreed planned work scopes ensuring obligations are met by way of timely completion of work packs.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Display and apply knowledge of site safe working practices and client safety procedures and standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of technical specifications.
- Demonstrate Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) leadership in line with company expectations.
- Have a good technical knowledge of construction discipline and associated processes.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- Ability to identify risk to delivery and build in mitigation / contingency plans.
- Show an enthusiasm to develop core skills.
- Demonstrate professional and positive attitudes / behaviours.
- Ability to mobilise to onshore/offshore sites to carry out site surveys and support construction activities as required.
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet client requirements.
- Execute assigned personal tasks and contract objectives.
- Contribute to continuous improvement.
- Participate in company and local safety initiatives.
- Assist to troubleshoot where required, to identify problem causes and recommend solutions.
Provide discipline input into scope definition and execution.
- Time served relevant trade discipline or relevant NVQ/SVQ/HNC/HND.
- 5 years relevant construction experience.
- Oil and gas experience is advantageous or proven track record in industry with transferable skills.
- Exposure to working within a technical environment.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.