11 - 15 years experience • Patient Care
Primary Function and Relationship to the Total Organization:
This position provides overall leadership and supervision to the managers and staff in the Technical Infrastructure area of Information Technology Department. This department focuses upon meeting the customer’s through the use of technology and other IT related needs. The role ensures the technical infrastructure services are provided in the areas of lifecycle management, implementation, support, optimization, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
This position must oversee the efficient operations, capacity, change, growth, and maintenance of the Technical Infrastructure and is responsible for Networking, Transport Networking, Telcom, Unified Communications, Assets, Software Licensing, SCCM, and Packaging. As a Director of Technology this position is also responsible for assisting the Executive Director with the strategy for these areas.
As a member of the leadership team, cooperatively establishes short and long range planning for attainment of department goals and for recommending process, policies and procedures in a manner, which will improve the quality and availability of services provided. In order to balance the needs of the users with the priorities of the organization, the Technology Director will work closely with the Executive Director to develop a roadmap for these areas of Technology and Business.
This position will also collaborate with other Information Technology Leaders to evaluate and recommend changing or acquiring equipment, software, systems and vendors to meet the optimal organizational requirements.
This position uses good communications skills to keep all appropriate entities informed. Is responsible to monitor Service Level management activities including appropriate Operating and/or Service Level Agreements. Must stay current on product literature, vendor user groups, and industry directions related to clinical applications in order to plan, organize, and supervise the overall department.
Must be in daily contact with managers and staff providing leadership, motivation, and guidance to ensure excellence within the department. Additionally, develops an education plan for direct reports and an employee engagement plan for the department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works with other IT Directors on building an IT team that can serve the entire enterprise, as well as providing professional growth to their team members.
- Recruits, trains, and evaluates the performance of team members.
- Creates an environment for staff growth, development, career planning, productivity and satisfaction by conducting staff meetings and one-on-one meetings at least monthly with all direct reports.
- Encourages team member creativity and initiative.
- Need to balance and support the organizational strategic direction with the specific business and information systems needs of the customers. Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative clinical solutions and strategies.
- Collaborates with Information Technology Management team members to ensure that our customer’s IT related needs are being met.
- Responsible for the adherence to IT Service Level Agreements. Leads service management activities so that Information Technology services are provided as per established service levels
- This position serves as a key resource in leading the operationalization of strategy and ITIL best practices within the IT organization.
- Advises and communicates with all levels of management and end users concerning the services, capabilities, and standards of the applications systems area. Ensures that the communication occurs and is appropriate at each level.
- Coordinate capital and expense budgets along with resource utilization planning and allocation. Develops and meets departmental budgets for area of accountability.
- Provides fiscal and contract management. Prepares an annual operations plan for area of responsibility and provides input into overall plan for IT.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget utilizing project management best practices.
- Reviews department operations to validate resource levels and funding are appropriate.
- Implements standards and practices which encourage effective resource utilization.
- Evaluates the potential impact and value of new systems, technologies, and enhancement of existing systems.
- In conjunction with other members of the management team, negotiates information systems agreements.
- Approves or delegates approval and payment of pertinent invoices.
- Develops policies and procedures for area of responsibility and assists in development for other areas. Ensures the procedures are followed and updated when appropriate.
- Recommends changes to the environment or personnel to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Actively participates in operational improvement efforts for IT and the health system.
- Continually evaluates processes in the department. Identifies any process gaps and ensures those gaps are addressed. Ensures processes are documented and followed.
- Ensures team maintains appropriate vendor relations per policies and procedures related to vendor management.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the department.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Adheres to all organizational personnel policies and procedures, departmental policies and safety guidelines.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
· Supervises monitors and executes special projects as assigned using project management best practices.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Executive Director to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the department.
· Responsible to optimize applications and technologies within area of responsibility.
· Serves on the ITGC Business Support Committee for strategic planning in this space
· Implements strategic and tactical business plans for Technical Infrastructure areas.
· Assists in coordination for the planning, installation, implementation and conversion of new technologies, equipment and personnel needs.
· Minimal Qualifications
· Experience with technology preferably in a healthcare environment.
· The position must project maturity, confidence, and creativity and inspire others to contribute their fullest talents and energy. Must possess excellent writing and communications skills and have the ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical individuals.
· Knowledge of the business functions supported by the technology and related customer service expertise.
· Knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements is mandatory. Also requires an in-depth knowledge of business and management principles.
· Ability to understand and deal effectively with problems and opportunities which arise in a complex multiprocessing environment is crucial.
· Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· Proven coaching, mentoring and development skills for the development of managers and staff within the department.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, and matrix environment.
- Specific Qualifications
· 10+ years in networking/telco leadership role.
· Supervisory experience for a large team of technology or healthcare staff required
Bachelor’s degree is required. Equivalent education and work experience will be accepted only if previous experience applies to specific systems.