Opportunity at a Glance:
The Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine’s Director, Marketing will take a metrics-driven approach to planning, branding, marketing and communications across print, digital, social media, and multimedia channels. He/she will define RUSVM's overall brand with a mission of increasing enrollment through the management and development of content including website, print materials, e-communications, social media, and conference/events collateral. The Director will manage a team of Marketers that are responsible for Creative, Digital, Internal/External Communications and Analytics and will work to create a consistent, effective strategic communications plan.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing & Admissions with accountability to the Dean, the Director will leverage all resources to promote RUSVM’s focus on providing the best learning environment to prepare students to become members and leaders of the worldwide public and professional healthcare team, advancing human and animal health (One Health) through research and knowledge exchange. The Director will work very closely and in collaboration with the marketing Leaders and Centers of Excellence of the Healthcare vertical of Adtalem Global Education.
- Oversees the development and implementation of unique school-wide integrated marketing strategies and campaigns, including digital, creative and content.
- Leads the marketing and communications team, internal creative team, external partners, as well as any other resources to produce campaigns within deadline and budgetary limits.
- Creates, implements, tracks and analyzes SEO and SEM strategies for the school based on website analytics and trends.
- Tracks, measures and reports on results of marketing campaigns and activities to determine ROI.
- Develops and recommends marketing strategies to achieve school-wide goals while focusing on our achievements in veterinary education. Successfully develops and executes marketing tactics and programs to deliver the strategy.
- Directs market research and translates insights into meaningful strategies and tactics.
- Guides and directs the development of the creative work to support RUSVM’s advertising and marketing efforts.
- Creates a positive, collaborative, team by building and interactive environment where all members of the marketing team contribute to accomplish objectives.
- Ensures all marketing communications are coordinated, supports marketing objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources. Tracks, measures and evaluates the results of marketing programs in order to recommend and execute changes to the plan.
- Leads periodic brand performance reviews, to ensure that brand strategies and performances remain on target in relation to overall corporate objectives.
- Develops and oversees management of marketing budget. Ensures projects are completed on time, and on budget. Reconciles and reviews budget on a monthly basis and authorize invoices.
- Manages the activities of agency partners and vendors.
- Oversees the management and maintenance of all collateral marketing material and the On-line library.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired preferably in business or marketing. MBA strongly preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a marketing management position.
- Experience working with SalesForce is a plus as is experince in Education or healthcare.
- Experience with new product development from concept to product launch and leading the creative development process and program execution.
- Experience working in a complex or matrix environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills and experience effectively managing requests from numerous stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work effectively with all levels in an organization.