Director, Business Development
5 - 7 years experience • Life Sciences & Research
Director of Business Development – West Coast
My client is looking for an experienced Clinical Research professional with a strong background in Business Development to cover the West Coast --- this individual will be responsible for developing strategies to attack new territories and major West Coast, Life Sciences HUBs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Develops strategies for establishing partnerships and business relationships to market services.
- Develops bids and writes responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Provides support to executive management in preparing for client meetings, bid defenses, audits, presentations, etc.
- Collaborates with internal departments and external partners in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, and business models.
- Seeks out and researches prospective projects through making phone calls and sending emails, traveling, attending conferences and utilizing the Internet. Periodic overnight travel may be required.
- Markets new and existing customers through creation, development, and implementation of various business solutions.
- Estimates demand for proposed projects based on market research and trends.
- Maintains regular contact with clients.
- Provides support to core management in deal negotiations, contract development, and other business development projects.
- Ensures that marketing needs are met by updating presentation binders, keeping stock of marketing materials and researching new marketing ideas.
- Provides input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs.
- Updates knowledge of industry by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal and professional networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to company goodwill.
- Develops brochures or other print or electronic ads to market corporate services.
- Provides guidance and support to junior business development staff, if applicable.
- Attends managers' and directors' meetings
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university (Business, Marketing, or Life Science related field preferred)
- 6-8years relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven sales performance (recent)