Dir, Capabilities Platform Products
Director, Capabilities Platform Products: Provide strategic leadership for a team charged with the responsibility for product strategy, product development, on-going life-cycle management, and the overall market success of assigned products & services. The focus will be in Technology Consulting/Professional Services, Hardware & Software (VAR) Resale, Network Management and Support Services, Internet of Thing (IoT) Platforms, and custom Enterprise solutions.
The Director of Capabilities Platform Products is a leadership role which directs the work of several team members including managers and/or senior managers within a specialized area. This position has profit and loss responsibility for the department and is accountable. Works with directors, senior directors and/or vice presidents of given department in developing departmental short and long-range objectives, plans, budget and policies. Sets the tone for continuing training requirements of key individuals to ensure that the team is prepared to take full advantage of advances in the technologies used by the company to improve and add new services for our customers. Fosters teamwork in support of procedures, strategic initiatives and policy. Responsible for hiring, leading, developing and managing the performance by those reporting to this position. Establish and communicates clear performance expectations and makes recommendations for salary increases. Provides timely, accurate and thorough Performance Reviews for supervised employees and recommends and/or approves promotions, demotions, transfers or disciplinary actions up to and including termination and responsible for team results. Product Strategy:
- In consultation with company leadership, develop and document a strategy for assigned product portfolio.
- Develop a 5 year high level product roadmap and associated capital plan and operating forecast.
- Evaluate new opportunities and concepts submitted by staff and stakeholders for roadmap inclusion.
- In support of 5 year strategy, develop and regularly maintain 24 month tactical development roadmap for assigned products and services.
- Coordinate with otherPortfolio Directors and Marketing to align efforts and ensure GCI’s products co-exist coherently
- Oversee the development of business cases, product pricing and supporting models, product requirements, launch plans, operating models, product documentation, and negotiate contracts for products within the assigned portfolio.
- Ensure that assigned products and services maintain both legal and security compliance.
Portfolio Life-Cycle Management:
- Develop and present routine portfolio performance reviews to ensure both customer experience and financial goals are being met.
- Develop and maintain on-going vendor relationships to ensure product stability and maximize product financial performance.
- Oversee the management and resolution of material product defects and issues that get escalated from other parts of the organization.
- Ensure product documentation is kept current as changes to services are made.
- Oversee on-going changes to operating, capital, and subscriber forecasts for assigned areas and services.
- Oversee management of end-of-life activities for assigned services.
- Oversee ongoing evaluation of portfolio products and optimization of products with respect to their lifecycle stage (launch, growth, harvest, retire, etc.)
- Minimum of twelve years professional experience of increasing responsibility in one or more of the following areas; Product Management/Development, Engineering, Product Marketing, Operations or Safety Delivery.
- Minimum five years supervisory/management experiencerequired.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or similar emphasis required.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field may substitute on a year for year basis for professional experience.