Opportunity at a Glance:
The Dean of Nursing will provide executive leadership over the nursing program at the campus and will contribute to meeting educational outcome goals and growth through the proper management of the college's resources. The Dean organizes, supervises and directs a professional staff, including full-time and part-timefaculty, to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning in accordance with College objectives.
- Develops and implements short-term and long-term strategic plans for campus growth that is consistent with the missions, vision and values of Carrington College of Nursing.
- Exercises leadership in the development and maintenance of new programs and/or program expansion.
- Establishes and maintains an effective organizational structure so as to accomplish the College’s objectives; ensures professional development of nursing staff to ensure strong succession planning.
- Prepares and submits self-study and otherreports and conduct related activities as needed to support the accreditation, licensing and compliance processes and state nursing board requirements.
- Responsible for institution licensing and compliance under the direction of and in coordination with licensing and compliance departments to ensure that compliance and licensing issues pertaining to the campus are addressed appropriately and on a timely basis.
- Assumes responsibility for faculty and support staff orientation to accreditation processes.
- Provides guidance, advice and coaching for new and existing faculty regarding accreditation processes.
- Monitors student success including, student persistence, graduation rates, first time NCLEX-RN pass rates and student satisfaction and is accountable for the development of action plans to address any areas not meeting Carrington’s standards.
- Serves as resource person, mentor and policy interpreter for students experiencing difficulties not resolved with an instructor or advisor.
- Coordinates standardized testing including ordering and distribution of materials, overseeing exams, and evaluating effectiveness of curriculum.
- Provides sound business, managerial and financial guidance to subordinates in the conduct of their duties as well as facilitating effective communication on a daily basis so as to reinforce teamwork and information sharing.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and statutory regulations; amends existing policies/procedures as needed.
- Creates, implements, and balances initiatives designed to increase new studentenrollments and support transfer credits as appropriate.
- Student Success and Retention: effective management of the academic programs, support activities and resources to support students throughout their academic career. - Recruits, develops and retains excellent faculty and staff to include setting up development programs and timely performance reviews. Manage successions and develop staff for growth opportunities throughout the organization.
- Ensures that both faculty and academic management are hired with the appropriate credentials, knowledge, skill, and experience to meet the needs of the academic program.
- Supplements and enhances faculty and academic management through a formal training and development program.
- Ensures quality of instruction through periodic evaluations and audits on how effectively programs are meeting established objectives.
- Ensures that students are provided support in their pursuit of government and other sources of financial assistance to meet their educational expenses.
- Provides programs for non-academic student support services with the objective of maximizing student success.
- Masters degree in nursing required; Doctorate preferred
- Current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse or a multi-state licensure privilege to practice nursing in the Commonwealth/State.
- Minimum of 3 years of experiencerequired in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse, two of which have been as a faculty member in a professional nursing education program and/or higher education administration.
- Experience in educational administration preferred. Experience with Web-based educational programs desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Evident leadership, management and organizational skills. High level oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Requires high level of initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving skills.