We are looking for Data Center Operations for our client in Milwaukee, WI
Job Title: Data Center Operations
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire?
- “US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Job Description:
- The Data Center Operations team is responsible for as many as 6 data center facilities around the world, only 2 of which have dedicated personnel. The rest are managed remotely. We also support regular offices with power and cabling needs. We are primarily responsible for the ‘health, care, and feeding’ of all IT Data Center equipment (servers, storage arrays, network gear, etc) as well as the facilities in which it resides.
- Respond to incidents and requests
- Properly manage incidents and requests per guidelines, updating frequently and with appropriate detail and resolve in a timely manner
- Analyze issues and work through to resolution
- Manage your queue and Understand priority of different types of issues
- Unpack - Install - connect, configure management of data center equipment
- Ability to lift 70 pounds with assistance
- UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) installation, configuration, and support
- Learn how to install different types of equipment independently
- Understanding of enterprise IT equipment
- Ability to add, remove, change components in servers and network gear as required
- Configuration of equipment for network monitoring
- Understanding of electrical static protection protocols
- Follow Decom procedure to remove equipment from production
- Maintain documentation
- Document all installations at high levels of detail
- Maintain inventory with high level of detail and precision
- Act Proactively when issues are observed, or deficiencies are realized
- Ability to provide detailed instructions to guide personnel of unknown skill set through any work the team needs but at a remote site
- Learn about all equipment in the environment independently
- Observe and learn the environments in our Data Centers
- Ability to work independently as only tech/analyst on a shift
- Manage projects as assigned
- Must be willing to take off-hours on-call and respond appropriately
- Computer hardware part replacement, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Sharepoint), Microsoft Outlook, SNMP, Note Taking, Multi-tasking, customer service, network cabling (fiber/copper), Ability to guide others.
- Problem solving and self-management skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Data Center(s) in Milwaukee, WI. – half of shifts will be worked independently, successful candidate must be comfortable and capable working without direct guidance or assistance