Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of Information Security Systems to ensure that controls are adequate and effective. Analyzes scenarios, provides solutions and recommendations to protect the environment, customers, and employees.
- Creates new ways to solve existing production security issues
- Investigates intrusion incidents, conduct forensic investigations and mount incident responses
- Evaluates new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Establishes plans and protocols to protect data and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Delivers technical reports on daily activities
- Analyzes and advises on new securitytechnologies and program conformance
- Maintains knowledge with current emerging technologies and advancements within Information Security
- Takes initiative and responsibility for achieving desired results
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED and combination of three years related post-secondary education and/or experience in Information Security or Information Technology
- Demonstrate strong organizational, research, analytical and / or problem-solving skills to evaluate situations, make recommendations and take effective action
- Capable of articulating complex technical concepts or scenarios to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or directly related field
- Relevant security certifications
- Financial services experience