Regional Distributors, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of commercial cleaning/janitorial, food service, dishwashing, and laundry supplies and equipment in Western NY. We are looking for an experienced Credit & Collection Manager with highly effective financial, administrative, and clerical skills to join our enthusiastic, service-orientated team.
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency of operations, process and monitor incoming payments, and secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Process accounts receivables, incoming payments, and bounced checks in compliance with financial policies and procedures and follow up with customers as needed.
- Perform daily financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts receivables' data.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted. Research and reconcile short invoice payments.
- Prepare bank deposits and maintain petty cash.
- Monitor all open accounts receivable, customer tax status, credit terms, and credit limits.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting customers. Conduct collection calls and field inbound calls related to A/R inquiries.
- Review A/R Collection Queue daily.
- Monitor and release credit queue on an hourly basis.
- Process credit card payments for applicable customers on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Print and distribute monthly statements to customers via mail and email.
- Conduct credit checks and tax status review for new and existing customers.
- Setup new customer as needed.
- Update and maintain account status of businesses that have been sold.
- Facilitate legal action against seriously delinquent customers.
- Diligently update all customer information, including name, mailing address, and email address changes, and maintain and protect all related customer information, files, and forms.
- Assist with filing, sorting, backup to Receptionist during vacations, and other general office duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration and at least one year of experience as an accounts receivable clerk, accounts receivable manager, accountant, or bank teller.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices, and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Strong data entry skills, proficiency in MS Office, and hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and customer service and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
About Regional Distributors, Inc.
Regional Distributors, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of commercial cleaning, paper, food service, dishwashing, laundry, ice cream, frozen yogurt, and green supplies and equipment in Western NY. Our family–owned and NYS Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) is a trusted partner to businesses who demand efficient commercial products to help optimize their operations and customer service that exceeds expectations. Genuine enthusiasm in supporting our customers and local community is a defining and well-known attribute of our company. Every team member is dedicated to helping our customers optimize their operations and both our company and our customers work to support military veterans and Warrior Salute Veteran Services through our Valor & Victory line where over $16,000 has been donated to date. To be part of the Regional team is to have genuine enthusiasm in delivering exceptional service to our customers and community, and to support our company culture that is centered around the fundamental values of trust, respect, reliability, and attentiveness.