We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer bankingexperience. And we make banking beautiful.
As copywriter on the Brand Team, you’ll craft copy and concepts that sing the Simple brand, bring our marketing strategy to life, and compel people to give a damn about their finances.
The Simple brand team refines the true story of the company and brings the brand to life through campaigns, thoughtful communications, meaningful relationships and beautiful design.
You’ve long since mastered the art of clever taglines, compelling headlines, and inspiring manifestos. You advocate for clarity, brevity and meaning. You use a deft hand when it comes to nuance and humor. And you sure as heck could have written a more compelling job description than this one.
What you’ll do all day:
- Craft headlines and short-form copy for campaigns, websites, and interactives.
- Develop original campaign concepts and collaborate with other Simple folk on timelines and deliverables.
- Edit draft content into compelling copy that makes every word count.
- Constantly examine what people are responding to, both in terms of your own work but also in the world; gather feedback and tap data and insights to inform your next project.
- Be a steward of the brand experience; enhance the overall customer journey.
We’d like to see:
- An ability to write in a broad range of brand voices.
- Five yearsexperience as a copywriter for an agency, with a focus on digital marketing and brand building for a consumer audience.
- A no-project-is-too-small attitude and a hunger to iterate and experiment. You also play nice with outside agencies and freelancers.
- A portfolio that showcases work with various consumer and service brands as well as ongoing work with a single one.
- Development of annual campaign themes and core messaging strategies (i.e. manifestos, taglines, positioning statements)
- Natural alignment with Simple’s mission and goals.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered (you’re a copywriter!). Please also pass along a link or pdf of your writing portfolio and suggest 5-7 specific pieces we should review. Help us see why you’re a good fit for Simple.
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. We want a great coworker in addition to a great copywriter — passion, humor, and desire to learn matter more to us than raw technical chops. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work
- Based in Portland, Oregon-- a beautiful place to live and work (or just see in the background if you work remotely).
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees’ quality of life--both inside and outside the office.
- Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
- We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We’re passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we’re kind of that way about things outside of work, too.