Austin Industrial, Inc. is a leading General Contractor that provides construction, maintenance, turnaround and plant services within the oil, gas, chemical, power and manufacturing industries. We are currently seeking an experienced Controller. The function of this position is the set-up, coordination and reporting of project accounting and administrative functions. Oversee development processes and procedures in compliance with Austin Industrial Project Administration/Accounting Policies and Procedures.
This position is based in our La Porte, TX corporate office. Relocation assistance is available.
- Responsible for administering and controlling the entire accounting, reporting and financial functions. Plans and directs the general and cost accounting functions, including billing, credit, accounts payable, payroll, and the maintenance of general and subsidiary records of the company (includes accounting at all job sites as well).
- Oversee all aspects of project administration, contract management, project accounting, and reporting.
- Direct in the establishment of company policies, procedures and standards for project accounting, field administration and customer specific requirements.
- In conformance with corporate guidelines, establishes, approves and maintains accounting procedures and policies to support operations and to protect company assets.
- Prepares and coordinates all internal and external financialreports. Researches generally accepted accounting principles and government regulations to ensure the accuracy and full disclosure of such financialreports. Provides interpretations and analysis of internal financialreports toother management of the company.
- Coordinates and approves all federal, state, and local tax payments, returns and payments of income, payroll, sales and property taxes. Determines methods to minimize the company’s tax burden and properly accounts for current and deferred tax expense and liability.
- Monitors and controls cash flow and makes monthly cash projections for the entire company, including each job site.
- Approves all expenditures and signs all checks up to any amount.
- Manage internal/external contract compliance audits. Coordinates and controls internal audits and annual external audits.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Conduct meaningful proactive analysis to improve key business decisions focusing on management of working capital and use of financial vehicles.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing business strategy.
- Anticipate and correct problems in advance.
- Effectively lead the accounting team by developing and coaching existing team and by hiring and retaining top-grade talent.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Maintain structured training program to assess, educate and strengthen project staff.
- Uphold project data integrity as a result of contractual obligations throughout contract terms.
- Certify project revenue and costs are accurately reflected for all reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with Operations Management to facilitate the production of accurate, timely and beneficial project related information.
- Oversee Customer and Austin systems and software interactions.
- Ensure accounts receivable activities are conducted appropriately.
- Participate in company management, customer and project meetings as required.
- Manage and resolve complex accounting, administrative and Customer contract issues.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecast including variance reporting.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Special projects as required.
- Travelrequired (5%-10%).
Functional Areas of Responsibility
Job site Administration and Accounting
Budgeting & Forecasting (including all job sites)
Financial Reporting (including monthly Operating Financial Statements)
Cash Flow Administration and Control
Monthly Cash Projections (including all job sites)
Signing of all checks
Job Performance Reporting
Accounting Policies and Procedures
Internal Audit Coordination and Control
External Audit Coordination and Control
Information Systems Implementation and Coordination
Establishment, Implementation and Monitoring of Internal Control
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related business degree. CPA designation required.
- A minimum of ten years' construction industry experience.
- Good analytical skills necessary.
- Ability to lead and manage diverse workforce.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard industry accounting procedures required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Access.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills are essential.
- MBA preferred.
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, matching 401K and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company!
Austin Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer