More information about this job
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) brings together the leading research teams and cancer specialists of Fred Hutch, Seattle Children’s, and UW Medicine. One extraordinary group whose sole mission is the pursuit of better, longer, richer lives for our patients. SCCA's purpose is to provide state-of-the-art, patient and family centered care; support the conduct of cancer clinical research and education; enhance access to improved cancer interventions; and advance the standard of cancer care regionally and beyond.
Reporting to the Finance Operations Director, this position will directly manage the General Ledger Manager and the Regulatory Reporting Manager, with overall responsibility for the Accounting Department.
The Controller is responsible for creating an environment and culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, innovation and work/life balance to enable the SCCA to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals. The Controller will convey the SCCA vision to direct report staff, holding direct reports accountable for performance and motivating staff to improve performance.
The Controller will work cohesively and collaboratively with internal departments and a variety of external organizations to translate SCCA initiatives and strategy to tactical planning.
The Controller is responsible for proactively forming the vision and roadmap of the Accounting department to include the continuous education of industry and internal control standards as well as preparing for future business ventures and regulatory reporting requirements as related to the GAAP Accounting and state and federal laws. The Controller will act as a resource to departments and the management team and provide timely, accurate, and complete financialreports.
- Manage general accounting activities to include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recording and preparation of accurate monthly/annual financial statements in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare Medicare/Medicaid cost report and other related reporting to outside agencies and organizations with oversight of audits performed by outside auditors and application agencies. Responsible for taxreporting and payment.
- Maintain and continuously improve the organization’s internal control structure to include procedural and system understanding, documentation, and enhancements.
- Lead others in the use of proper procedures, guidelines, and methods of performing accounting and bookkeeping functions in an effective, cohesive manner to include negotiating alternative approaches with applicable leadership and frontline staff.
- Analyze complex financial data, summarizing findings and making recommendations in a method that is easily understood by all levels of management.
- Implement Community Benefit methodology within the organization by partnering with Executive Leadership and departmental personnel to achieve a successful and evolving program that meets or exceeds federal taxreporting requirements.
- Manage internal control structure, processes, and data gathering for donation activity and related regulatory and financialreporting.
- Oversee and track accounting of complex purchased and sold service agreements that occur with our partners to include appropriate authorization, documentation, processes, and regulatory and financialreporting.
- Foster a departmental culture that embraces management and process transparency and constructive dialogue to understand processes and roles within the group.
- Participate in cross functional groups to build better transaction workflows and data streams that financialreporting and efficiency
- Minimum of five years of experience in accounting management to include organizational development and goal setting and proven staff motivation and retention capabilities.
- Active CPA license is required.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and negotiation skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage a variety of projects under deadline in a fast-paced, financially complex environment.
- Proven Microsoft office skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.