Job Description Controller (Kirkhill)
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and Engineered Materials markets.
Esterline Engineered Materials (Kirkhill) is seeking a talented, dedicated and self-motivated Controller to join our team. This role will be responsible for detailed financial analysis, weekly reviews, monthly reviews, budgeting and forecasting. This position is accountable for profit/loss and attainment of short and long-term financial objections.
This role will also be responsible for cost accounting, financial and operational reporting, internal controls, financial/cost analysis, budgeting, forecasting and pricing and proposal support. You will interpret detailed cost and accounting information, discusses and reviews the data with the leadership team and provide recommendations regarding the efficient utilization of resources while participating in the decision making process
What You Will Do:
- Serves as financial advisor to the management team
- Oversees preparation of quarterly forecasts, annual operation plan and strategic planning.
- Advise on pricing and proposal initiatives (including government contracting support : FAR, TINA, CAS)
- Participates in monthly review meetings with local management
- Drives initiatives such as month, quarter, and annual sales, margin, and fixed expense targets and forecasts
- Analyzes and reviews expense and financial performance with local and business unit management
- Participate and lead the development of concepts, implementation and monitoring of cost improvement activities
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting
- Financial metrics reporting and analysis including the analysis of trends and variances
- Analyzes monthly expenditures incurred against plan and forecasts and provide recommendations on how to control or reduce spending
- Prepares financial and business related analysis and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, inventory control and investments.
- Challenges the status quo by enhancing the system and recommending modification to existing processes and methodologies with a constant focus on continuous improvement.
- Assists with process improvement initiatives and business metrics development.
- Develops concepts and models for general management improvement.
- Establishes partnerships with other departments to establish and maintain performance accuracy, standard procedures, internal controls, practices and systems.
- Ensure accuracy of inventoryvaluation and reported results
- Promotes continuous improvement and innovative thinking.
- Assures adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prepares ad hoc analysis as required.
What You Bring:
- Minimum 8years of experience in accounting systems and financial analysis for a manufacturing organization (preferably aerospace, defense or automotive)
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of business finance or accounting
- MBA preferred
- Active California CPArequired
- Public company experiencepreferred
- Experience with government contracting requirements including applicable regulations of FAR, DFAR, TINA and CAS
- Detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and abilities
- Demonstrate ability to formulate solutions and resolve issues in timely manner.
- Familiar with ERP environment
- Ability to work effectively in a complex and matrixed environment
- Excellent customer services skills building effective cross-functional partnerships.
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly customer focused with the ability to develop solid relationships at all levels within a matrixed organization