The Controller is responsible for maintaining GAAP compliant financial and accounting records on an interim and annual basis and ensures the credibility of the Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
Establishes and maintains strong relationships with the most senior corporate leaders so as to identify their needs and provide a full range of business solutions.
The Controller manages an accounting and transaction processing staff and is responsible for the daily operating activities of the entire department.
Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the company and its customers.
o Maintains GAAP compliant financial statements and the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for accurate accounting of business results
o Manages a diverse team of accountants and transaction processing resources to ensure that data is captured in the financial statements in a timely and accurate fashion including but not limited to:
o Billing, collection and Accounts Receivable activity
o Posting of Cash Collections
o Proper and timely payment of Accounts Payable expenses
o Management of Corporate Credit cards
o Posting of expenses and time entry into SAGE
o Payroll and Benefits Administration
o Monthly analysis and reconciliations are complete and accurate
· Produces consolidated financial results for 2 distinct entities including intercompany eliminations
· Produces key financial metrics reporting on a monthly basis
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining a system of internal control (inclusive of proper checks, balance and reconciliations) along with supporting policy and procedure to ensure accurate recording of financial data
· Produces timely and accurate (proper cut-off) internal financial statements on a monthly basis, communicates actual performance versus budget and job / product line profitability reporting
· Responsible for the overall SAGE strategy and processing of accurate financial data
· Responsible for the production of GAAPfinancial statements with footnotes on an annual basis
· Coordinates all audit and inventory control activities
· Coordinates all tax return preparation activities
· Supports the COO of each operating company (Systems and SASI) by providing relevant reporting and financial expertise to ensure that profitability and business operating expectations are met, provides management with information vital to decision making
· Responsible to drive the budgets and forecasting process
· Leads negotiation and makes recommendations to the CFO for insurance renewals employee related and business related
· Continually assesses current finance operations and offers recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
· Drives procedure and policy change within the organization by working with employees to determine the right balance of control and production
· Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
· Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
· Perform other duties as assigned of a similar nature or level.
· Participates in a team environment to achieve departmental and company goals.
· Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
Job Type: Full-time