Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Project Manager position is responsible for independently managing projects of medium to large scale that are significant in scope in conjunction to working on challenging assignments. The Project Manager II may be required to work on multiple initiatives with cross functional teams simultaneously, maintaining accountability of all project delivery work. This role is expected to proactively collaborate with project teams, functional owners and project sponsors supporting and executing the full project lifecycle to achieve specific business outcomes.
- Defines, develops and manages overall project plans to ensure work is assigned and completed on time
- Ability to access and manage risk throughout the project lifecycle and work with project stakeholders and departmental manager to deliver risk mitigation plans as needed
- Effectively guide teams through project structuring, problem definition, issue identification and resolution development using problem solving principles and past experience
- Works independently to draft project ready project deliverables with minimal review from departmental management
- Application of project management, tools and templates to successfully manage medium to large scale projects
- Maintains ownership of timelines and deliverables during all phases of a project to ensure projects are executed according to plans
- Gains proficiency with translating strategy into tangible and actionable delivery work based on business needs
- Effectively identifies, engages and partners with multi-disciplinary teams across the organization to achieve desired project outcomes
- Provides project and departmental status reporting
- Successfully executes departmental tasks as assigned
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelors or Masters degree (Masters degreepreferred) in Business, Finance, Accounting or related study
- Three years experience successful project management
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Ability to deliver medium to large scale project communications with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and multiple commitments / projects simultaneously
- Excellent written/verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage project teams and leadership within a corporate setting
- Understanding of project management methodologies and best practices (PMBOK, ITIL, SDLC, Agile, etc)
- Three years of banking or financial services experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification