Clinical Nurse Manager - Post Anesthesia Care Unit ( PACU )
The Clinical Manager of Nursing coordinates team in delivery of patient care in a compassionate and ethical manner according to recognized standards and care model. This individual will exercise independent judgement with 24-hour accountability for clinical and operational issues for the PACU, Pre-Op Clinic, Ambulatory Surgery, Endoscopy, and Pain Clinic. *Relocation and Sign-On Bonus Offered! In this position you will:
- Consider factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing and other services.
- Provide visionary leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Direct and administer assigned functions to ensure high quality, cost-effective patient services which meet or surpass accreditation standards.
- Interact with and contribute to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
- Stay informed of current evidence-based protocols and standards for the management for patients in the area of responsibility.
- Advocate for the protections and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing and other professions, and institutions and organizations, especially related to health and safety.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing.
- Bachelordegree in nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- Certification in clinical specialty within 12months of hire.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent management or supervisory experience. Charge nurse or similar experience may count for up to 2 years of the requiredexperience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree.
- Two years of management experience in like sized unit.