Who We Are
Cornerstone Healthcare Group is a leading healthcare company committed to improving the health and well-being of patients by providing an environment of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility and endless customer service. Cornerstone operates long-term acute care hospitals under the Cornerstone and Solara brand names in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arizona, Arkansas and West Virginia.
Why Work for Us?
Our hospitals offer competitive compensation and benefits, but that is not why our employees come to work for us. As a Cornerstone employee, you are truly a valued contributor to our team. It is no wonder why our employees gave us high scores in both overall satisfaction and employee engagement in our latest Cornerstone Employee Partnership Survey.
Our Core Values are woven into the fabric of our culture and ingrained in our employees and how they perform their jobs every day.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is accountable for operational oversight of hospital systems and services in a manner that optimizes provision of care and outcomes for the long-term acute care patients who are adults ranging in age from 18years to geriatric adults over 65 years of age experiencing medically complex conditions, physical/pulmonary rehabilitation and wound care needs.
The Chief Executive Officer:
- Sets the business strategy and promotes the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Builds a senior management team that fulfills the Mission of Cornerstone Hospital Group and successfully meets strategic, operational and programmatic goals approved by the Governing Board.
- Creates and promotes a desired culture for the organization.
- Supports employee and patient education to enhance knowledge, skills and necessary behaviors to facilitate health.
- Adopts an approach to hospital wide performance improvement to ensure important processes and activities are measured, assessed and improved systematically.
- Promotes quality outcomes through effective planning and efficient utilization of healthcare resources.
- Directs the financial and budgetary performance of the hospital.
- Participates in system-wide policy decisions affecting the hospital.
- Collaborates with community leaders and hospitals, physicians and facility team members to design services.
- Accountable for leadership of all hospital staff, delegating and coordinating to achieve quality cost effective outcomes.
- Ability to project a professional Image.
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that apply to financial practices in long-term acute care.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (Word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Related field minimum.
- Master’s Degree highly preferred.
- Five (5) years of senior management or executive positions in an Acute Care or Long Term Acute Hospital.
- Ability to manage conflict and find creative alternatives to difficult situations.
- Leadership ability to nurture people in their pursuit of high standards.