Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) knows what it takes to lead, inspire and succeed. One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, UHS owns and operates through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
UHS built an impressive record of achievement and performance, steadily growing from a startup company with zero revenue into a Fortune 500 corporation with annual revenue that exceeds 9 billion. The company's operating philosophy has proven to be effective: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, then invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive and become a dominant healthcare provider in its community.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS ranks on the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations with over 80, employees, and is consistently listed among Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" and one of the 30 Most Meaningful Companies To Work For in America by Business Insider.
Prairie St. John's is seeking a dynamic and talented CFO. Prairie St. John's Founded in 1997, is a fully-licensed and accredited 91-inpatient bed psychiatric facility offering services for children, adolescents and adults to address mental health issues, chemical dependency addiction or co-occurring disorders. Prairie offers a full psychiatric and addiction Continuum of Care. This Continuum of Care includes inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization (day treatment), residential treatment, intensive outpatient services and clinic services.
Chief Financial Officer Prairie St. John's
The ideal CFO will have extensive experience in Hospital Facility and Outpatient Healthcare Financials preferably in a behavioral health setting. This position is a member of the hospitals leadership team. Providing financial leadership and day to day financial management. Including oversight of business office operations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general accounting, general ledger, monthly close, yearly close, financial reporting, budget preparation and FTE management.
- Monitor and control accounts receivables. Closely oversees Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.
- Improve the profitability of the hospital. Continually monitor costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced hospital operating costs, and increased revenues.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, financial packages, and other informational reports/analysis
- Provide reconciliations, account analysis, and other information for Reimbursement Department, Tax Department, Auditors, etc., to aid in preparation of reports.
- Prepare annualbudgetin conjunction with UHS standards. Incooperation with management and department heads, reviews priorfinancialresults and discusses anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the facility.
- Minimum of 5years of experience in a financial leadership role in a healthcare setting, behavioral health strongly preferred.
- Minimum education requirement of a Bachelor's degree, Master's degreepreferred
- Proven record of success improving the profitability of a hospital by continually monitoring costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
- At least 5years of experience overseeing the Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation benefits
- Bonus opportunity
- UHS Stock Options opportunity
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.