The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for accounting, revenue cycle, a CBO, third party reimbursement, financial and statistical reporting, payroll, IT and materials management. The CFO monitors the hospital's fiscal performance against budget and identifies trends and recommends action. He/she will take a lead role in month-end closing, improving financial performance, internal accounting controls, revenue cycle improvement, materials management and the year-end audit. The CFO manages and coordinates internal control of financial, accounting transactions and other documentation for accuracy and procedural requirements. He/she communicates BMHD financials with the Board of Directors, CEO and department supervisors. BMHD hired a new CEO approximately a year ago and under his leadership BMHD’s audited results for FYE 6/30/16 reflected a $700K improvement in net surplus over the prior year end.
- Assist the CEO in the development of the hospital’s long-range and short-range strategic financial plan.
- Develop long and short-range operational and capital budgets.
- Prepare cash flow analyses and budget variance analysis.
- Recommend budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitor, interpret and analyze hospital financial performance in realizing plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identify and report undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and make recommendations for action.
- Assure the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assure that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
Qualification Level: Executive Additional Qualification Level:
Experience Required: 5-10 Years
Competencies / Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- CPA or Master's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as CFO, or Assistant CFO of a CAH or similar rural hospital.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in financial and accounting senior level positions within a hospital.
- IT conversion experience would be helpful.
- Must be very hands-on. This position has limited staff.
- Ability to implement internal controls.