CFO - Federal
8 - 10 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Responsible for the management of all financial affairs for customer accounts covered under the assigned Strategic Business Unit (SBU). Areas of focus include customer contracting, rate negotiations, product pricing, analysis of utilization and medical cost trends, new product development and implementation with customers. Also, provides oversight of the financial operations for specific Care Management Centers (CMCs) located in an assigned geographic territory (administrative expenditures, utilization management processes, etc.).
- Oversee the financial terms of all contracts and coordinate all related activities such as rate renewals/rate openers and settlements of contingencies under each contract (i.e. performance penalties/incentives).
- Maintain consultative relationship and partnership with each assigned Care Management Center (CMC) and monitor utilization management practices, medical cost performance and administrative cost expenditures including staffing levels.
- Analyze and report monthly financial results for the SBU to internal parties including the Senior Vice President of the SBU and the General Manager of each Regional Care Management Center (RSC). Participate in periodic meetings with all relevant parties to discuss results and develop corrective action plans and strategic initiatives.
- Collect and maintain customer-specific data (medical costs, membership, products, etc.) for use in driving customer strategies and risk management objectives.
- Manage the preparation of the fiscal operating budget for the SBU.
- Monitor all balance sheet accounts associated with contracts managed by the SBU including accounts receivable, funds withheld by customers, claims recoverables, etc.
- Maintain and analyze claims experience and contract data associated with the network supporting the assigned geographic territory.
- Perform special projects andothertasks as requested by management.
General Job Information
CFO - MagellanFederal
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date
Date Requisition Created
Bachelors: Finance (Required), Masters: Finance
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
CPA - Certified PublicAccountant- Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
8 years of progressive experience in financial operations within managed care, health care or insurance industries. 3 years in a managerial position interfacing with senior management., Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines. Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical skills. Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal and experience with communication at an executive level. Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, including all senior management., PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will have accountability for the P&L integrity of Magellan’s Federal business unit. This leader will partner closely with the Executive Team of our Federal business unit to focus on achieving our growth strategy and five year forecasting. A critical focus for this role is ensuring the Financial Operations and Accounting teams evolve and enhance their monthly management process to ensure that Sarbanes Oxley policies are adhered to and internal controls are in place. This individual will also lead the Project Control function with the main responsibility of ensuring all contracts and projects are correctly assigned within the accounting system to ensure proper accounting, billing and management reporting.