- Manage capital projects to include re-cores, roofs, facades, parking lots and any major projects exceeding $50,000.
- Partner with and assist team members in managing process of on-site construction team as well as contractors and outside project managers to complete on time and on budget.
- Ensure scope of work and schedule is used for renovations or restorations to minimize down time of apartments and maximizes revenue generation during the scheduled work period.
- Develop scope of work, Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Contracts for renovations, acquisitions and restorations.
- Manage the bid process by partnering with district team members in tracking on-site bid meetings, and assisting designers and architects to develop scope of work as required.
- Collaborates with District and Regional associates to develop and implement proactive strategies and means for successful project execution.
- Track Capital Budgets, to include monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Lead the Capital Planning team in managing day to day activities to support the district, regional and community teams to promote productive and efficient project execution.
- Travel as required.
- Communicate and coordinates changes with Senior Leadership to gain approval and/or keep informed of issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A/B.S.) preferred; additional Industry experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 7-10 years related experience in Construction Projects and/or Facility Management to include people management
- Proven track record in ability to successfully oversee project managers, contractors and vendors
- Skilled at analyzing specifications
- Strong Knowledge of bidding practices, familiar with all various components of construction and maintenance
- Experience with scheduling all design & construction activities
- Excellent communication skills; knows when/how to keep stakeholders abreast of possible issues
- Experience with and ability to maintain a sense of order while handling multiple tasks at different properties
- Willing and able to travel as needed
- Demonstrated flexible and efficient time management skills and ability to prioritize workload.
Req ID: 60612