For over 75 years, the USO has been the nation’s leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities, the USO is always by their side.
Today’s USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
The Campaign Manager, PR & Marketing is responsible for managing integrated PR campaigns, marketing, creative and brand support for the USO to build and grow new audiences of USO supporters. In addition, this individual will lead the management and execution of select priority projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
- Under the general direction of Brand Activation leadership, contribute to the development and execution of integrated strategic PR and Marketingcampaigns. Participate in full-cycle marketing planning and PR campaign management including but not limited to identification of target segments, creation and implementation of action plans, and measurement and evaluation of results.*
- Assist in the development and execution of the USO’s campaigns (vendor management, creative development, plans, timelines, budgets and distribution).*
- Coordinate with, and supply PR materials to, the PR Manager (e.g., talking points, news releases, fact sheet etc.).*
- Collaborate with team members and consultants to develop project plans and serve as project manager for specific select projects. Develop best practices and project management tools.*
- Coordinate with the Director of PR and Social media to lead advertising efforts. Gather and organize information to help with decision-making regarding media placement, campaign length and featured messaging.*
- Manage cross-departmental teams (i.e. Operations, Programs, Entertainment, Transition and IT) to develop, execute and evaluate USO projects and campaigns designed to grow audience and the brand.*
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager in the development of digital marketing campaigns to grow the USO digital audience.*
- Manage day to day tasks, budgets and logistics, which may include, implementation plans, project plans, metrics, communications documents, follow-up memo’s, etc.*
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business or related field. Master’s degree welcome but not required.
- 5 - 7 years progressively responsible work experience in a marketing role. Relevant experience in a not-for-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and problem-solving skills. Ability to interact with USO Leadership, the public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism. Ability to manage and influence external vendor relationships.
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. General knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Must show initiative, self-motivation, and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities. Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to perform business/accounting functions including project management and budget reconciliation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid driver’s license.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission.
- This position is located in Arlington, VA. Preference will be given to local candidates within commuting distance to the location.
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.